Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus No Text Alert
As you probably anticipate, the more complex your smartphone is and the more features you rely on every single day, the chances to deal with various problems, smaller or bigger, increase. Notifications are one of those examples of features that can go wrong on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
You are running so many apps on your device and you expect to receive notifications from most of them. The audio signal or the notification sound is, perhaps, the most important feature because it notifies you that something happened and because you can hear it and act on it even if you weren’t using your smartphone at that moment.
Long story short, we have received some complaints regarding the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus no text alert. If you too are having notification sound problems with your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, you can relax. It’s nothing too serious, only an accidental change in the menus that can be easily fixed:
- First, reboot the smartphone – it is simple and it works surprisingly well so many times. You want to reboot or to force the restart, by pressing and holding consequently the Power and the Volume Down buttons. Within up to 10 seconds, you will hear a vibration, the phone will turn off and then reboot. Once that happens, check the notification sounds.
- Second, change the notification alert – if the reboot had no effect, you can try to fix the issue with a new notification sound. Go to the Apps icon and access the Settings. Tap on Sounds and Vibration and scroll down to the Notification Sound. Select it and activate a new notification sound instead of the current ringtone.
- Third, check the ring modes – it’s a silly thing, but you might easily overlook that the phone is not on the loud ring mode, therefore you cannot hear the notification ringtones. Especially if you’ve switched to mute and forgot about it, you really have to check the ring mode.
- Begin by long pressing the Volume down button until you see the vibration icon on the display. Continue to hold until you switch from vibration to mute and make sure that the mute symbol remains on the notification bar.
- After that, access the Settings from the Notification shade and tap on the volume settings from the Quick Settings menu. Select Sounds and Vibration and adjust the ring mode to loud.
- Fourth, check the notification settings – in case you didn’t know, there is a special feature that allows you to block or to enable the notifications. If that message option was accidentally blocked, you cannot possibly hear any notification sound. To rule out this situation, go back to Settings and select Applications. Under the Application Manager identify the Message option and tap on it to check if it is blocked and change its status if that’s the case.
- Note that just like you have a message notification blocking option, there’s a separate feature for the Lock screen notifications. To see if the Lock screen notifications are also blocked, you need to head to the Lock Screen and Security panel and tap on Notifications. Again, if blocked, tap on it to change the status.
- Fifth, take a look at the Game tools – does this ring a bell to you, the avid player? If you have recently played a game and this notification problem started to manifest right after that, can you remember confirming on the pop-up message that showed up on the screen, while playing, that you do not want to receive alerts during the gaming session? The Game tools feature is “kind” enough to suggest you blocking any kind of notification while playing. And if you agreed to that change, now you need to manually make some setting adjustments: Settings >> Advanced Features >> Games and Games Tools.
These are the exact steps that you should follow in order to troubleshoot the absence of notification sounds on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. Most of the time, you won’t have to make it till the last one, but it never really hurts knowing all your options.