How To Add Reminder In Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus?
Smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus were particularly designed to run all kinds of apps and deliver the various notifications that those apps might trigger. The problem with these notifications is that they tend to pile up on the Notifications Shade. So it is very easy to delete important messages by mistake when they are hidden behind a bulk of other minor notifications.
If you know that particular apps deliver important messages, the notification reminder is the ideal tool to make those notifications stand out and prevent you from forgetting about them. What this feature does is to simply notify you, on different days and at different timeframes that there’s an important message waiting for you to check it.
This option was particularly designed by Samsung for all its users, therefore other Android devices don’t offer this setting. Since you are such a privileged Android user, you might at least be curious to learn more in this chapter.
What can you personalize on the Notification reminder?
Using this feature implies activating it and personalizing its settings at the same time. Even though it is a custom feature, Samsung decided not to activate it by default. Consequently, the users who want to try it will have to switch it from Off to On and then to decide on the following aspects:
- Phone vibrations – when you activate the Notification reminder, the feature will trigger the standard notification tone. To double this tone with vibrations, you will have to manually check this option so that your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus will both ring and vibrate at the same time when the notification reminder will pop up on the screen.
- Reminder interval – just like your alarm app has the snooze function, the Notification reminder has this reminder interval that dictates how often you want to be reminded of the pending notification. The current versions aren’t very flexible since you only get to choose between 1, 3, 5, 10 or 15 minutes, while the older versions came with timeframes of 3, 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 minutes.
- All apps vs Individual apps – another aspect that needs to be settled from the very beginning is for what apps you would like to have notification reminders. By default, the feature doesn’t include any apps at all. So, you can either select the all apps option, in which case the constant reminders for every single notification might soon drive you crazy; or you can select the Individual apps feature and manually decide which apps will benefit from notification reminders. The only context when you would probably want to access the All apps section will be when you will need to quickly reset some individual app settings.
How can you activate the Notification reminder?
Now that you know what to expect from this custom Samsung feature for Android, you probably want to know the steps for activating it:
- First, access the settings of your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus;
- You can do it:
- From the notification panel, through the gear icon;
- From the Apps screen, through the Settings app;
- From the Home screen, through the Settings icon if you have previously added this shortcut;
- Second, head to the Accessibility settings, which you can directly access from the Settings page;
- Third, identify the Notification reminder feature, which is deactivated by default;
- Fourth, tap on the toggle next to the Notification reminder and switch it from Off to On;
- Alternatively, you can simply drag the toggle instead of tapping on the feature, the result will be the same;
- Last but not least, start going through the four settings that we have previously described – decide if you want vibrations with these reminders, how often would you like the reminders to trigger and for what apps.
- You can do it:
Let us know in the comments below about your experience with the Notification reminder on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus!