How To Add Ringtones On iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus
If you own an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, you may want to know how to add ringtones on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. The reason for this would be to create a unique ringtones for a particular person when calling or an alarm that will remind you of a specific task. Below we’ll explain how to add ringtones on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
How to add ringtones on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Now that the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus features a new technology, the process to add and create custom ringtones for contacts is very easy. You have the option to set custom ringtones for each individual contact, and set custom sounds for text messages as well. The follow steps below to set custom ringtones:
- Open and update iTunes to the newest version.
- Select the song you want to use. (remember that the song will only last 30 seconds)
- Create the start and stop times on the song. (To do this right-click or ctrl-click the song you want and select Get Info from the resulting drop-down list)
- Create AAC version. (Right-click or ctrl-click the same song again and select Create AAC Version)
- Copy the file & delete the old one
- Change the extension. (Select on the file’s name, and change the extension from “.m4a” to “.m4r.”)
- Add file to iTunes.
- Sync your iPhone.
- Set the ringtone. (Select the Settings app > Sounds > Ringtone. Then select the song you want to use)
The instructions above should allow you to add ringtones on iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. While all other calls will use the standard default sound from settings, and any contact you customize will have their own custom tune. The best reason to create a custom ringtone on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is to make things more personal, and it’ll allow you to know who’s calling without ever looking at your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.