How To Adjust Screen Timeout On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is a smart phone that knows when to shut off its screen. This doesn’t mean that you don’t get to say a word about it, since you can decide the amount of time before the screen will time out by following a couple of simple steps.
To set the Screen Timeout of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus…
- Go to the Home screen;
- Access the Settings center;
- Tap on the Display menu;
- Select the Screen Timeout panel;
- Choose one of the available options: 15s, 30s, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes or 10 minutes.
To control the Smart Stay function…
- Go back to Settings;
- Access the Display settings;
- Tap on Smart Stay;
- Switch its toggle from On to Off or the other way around, however you see fit.
This special feature can tell when your eyes are pointed at the screen and, if that’s the case, it will automatically enhance the luminosity. When you’re looking away, it will dim the light, so you can save the battery. Pretty smart, right?
To disable the Screen Timeout…
- Go to Settings;
- This time, tap on About Phone;
- Tap 7 times in a row on the Build Number field;
- After you’ve unlocked the Developer Mode go back to Settings;
- You will notice that the Developer Options just showed up on the menu;
- Tap on it and activate the Stay Awake option.
Leave the settings and go on using your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus as you normally do. From now on, your screen will no longer turn off automatically as long as it is plugged in. While you cannot completely disable the screen timeout, this is the best control option you have at hand.