How To Clear Cache Motorola Moto Z And Moto Z Force
Many problems can easily be fixed on the Android software on the Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force. When such problems rear their heads, the best way to fix any bugs or software problems on the Moto Z and Moto Z Force is to either complete a factory reset or a system cache wipe. The main reason to clear the cache on a Moto Z or Moto Z Force is when the smartphone is lagging, glitching, or freezing. The following is a guide on how to clear the Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force cache.
What is the cache and what does it do?
There are two different types of cache on the Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force. The first is the app cache, while the other is the system cache. Each app on the Moto Z and Moto Z Force has its own cache installed on the app. This cache allows for the temporary data to be stored for better help when switching between apps. The system cache on the Moto Z and Moto Z Force does the same thing, but for the Android software instead of for each individual app. That’s why when there are issues with apps crashing or freezing, it’s best to clear the app cache. For issues that seem more widespread, clearing the system cache is more likely to help fix this issue.
How to clear the app cache on Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force
For problems that are just happening on a specific app, it’s best to first try to clear the app cache. You can clear the app cache with these instructions:
- Turn on your Moto Z or Moto Z Force.
- Go to Settings and then to App Manager.
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for.
- After you’ve selected the app, look for the app info screen.
- Select Clear Cache.
- To clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings and then to Storage.
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously.
Don’t select Clear Data unless you want to lose all the information that app stores, like passwords, game progress, preferences, and settings.
What to do when clearing the app cache doesn’t help?
After you have cleared the cache of individual apps and the Motorola Moto Z or Moto Z Force is still experiencing difficulty, the next best option is to uninstall the app and reboot the device. After rebooting the Moto Z and Moto Z Force, and the problem is still happening, then it’s suggested that you perform a system cache wipe, also known as clearing the cache partition on the Motorola Moto Z and Moto Z Force. Here is how you can do that:
- Turn off the Moto Z or Moto Z Force.
- Hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button until Recovery Mode is highlighted.
- Press the Power button to select the highlighted option and boot into Recovery Mood. You’ll see an Android logo and an exclamation mark.
- Hold the Power button, tap the Volume Up button once, and then let go of the Power button.
- Using the Volume buttons to scroll, highlight the Wipe Cache Partition option and press Power to select it.
- Reboot System Now will be highlighted after that. Press power to select it.
If the problems persist the next stage is to factory reset the Moto Z and Moto Z Force.