How To Connect Samsung Galaxy J3 To TV
If you enjoy watching movies, TV shows, or other videos on your smartphone, then you’ve probably wished that you could mirror your screen to a TV set instead at least once. As it turns, out, it’s no problem to mirror your Galaxy J3 screen to a TV set so that the shows playing on your J3 screen also play on the TV. There are two ways to accomplish this task: you can either hard-wire the phone to the TV set or you can set up a wireless connection. In this article I’ll explain how to do both.
Connect Galaxy J3 to TV via a hard-wired connection
Using the hard-wired connection method, you can just plug your phone into the TV via an adapter, and whatever is shown on the Galaxy J3 screen will also display on the TV.
- Purchase an MHL adapter that is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy J3.
- Connect the Galaxy J3 to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into a power source.
- Use a standard HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your television.
- Set the TV to display video from the HDMI port you are using.
NOTE: If you have an older analogue TV, the addition of a HDMI to composite adapter would allow you to mirror the Galaxy J3 to your TV.
Connect Galaxy A7 to TV via a wireless connection
- Purchase a Samsung Allshare Hub.
- Connect the Allshare Hub to your TV via a standard HDMI cable.
- Connect the Galaxy J3 and the AllShare Hub or TV to the same wireless network.
- Access Settings > Screen Mirroring.
NOTE: If you use a Samsung SmartTV, you do not need to purchase the Allshare Hub and can just directly mirror the phone to the TV since they already know how to work together.
Do you know of other ways to screen mirror a Galaxy J3 smartphone to a TV? Let us know below!