How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy J5
Sometimes when your Galaxy J5 is having some problems, the best option is to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy J5. Another great reason to factory reset a Galaxy J5 is to get a fresh start on the smartphone. No matter the reason, we’ll be teaching you how to factory reset a Galaxy J5.
How to Factory Reset a Working Galaxy J5
Go to the notification section of the Galaxy J5 and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. On the next screen, select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset Galaxy J5 with Hardware Keys
If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your J5 using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the Galaxy J5.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Homebutton, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume downselect wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume downhighlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Galaxy J5 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy J5 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.