How To Fix A LG G4 That Won’t Turn On After Charging
It seems that those who own a LG G4 have had some charging issues with the smartphone. Many have reported that the LG G4 won’t turn on aftercharging or power on, this is even if the LG smartphone has been fully charged. We’ve created a list of different ways to fix the issues when the LG G4 won’t turn on all the way.
For those interested in getting the most out of your LG smartphone, then make sure to check out LG’s G4 phone case, wireless charging pad, the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, and the LG back cover replacement for the ultimate experience with your LG smartphone.
Hit the Power button
The first thing that should be tested before any other advice would be to press the “Power” button several times to make sure there is an issue with the powering of the LG G4. If after trying to power the smartphone back on and the issue has not been fixed, continue reading the rest of this guide.
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps freezing and crashing
- How to fix LG G4 not charging problem
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The following steps will get the LG G4 into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time
- After the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button, while still holding the other two buttons until Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Using the “Volume Down” button, highlight “wipe cache partition” and press the Power button to select it.
- After the cache partition is cleared, the LG G4 will reboot automatically
Boot to Safe Mode
When booting the LG G4 into “Safe Mode” It will only run on pre-loaded apps, this will allow you to see if another application was causing the issues. This can be done using the following steps:
- Press and hold the Power button at the same time
- After the LG screen appears, let go of the Power button then press and hold the Volume Down key.
- When it’s restarting, the Safe Mode text will be visible in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Get Technical SupportIf none of the methods have worked in trying to get the LG G4 to turn on after charging, the it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired. But the main issue could be that the power button is not working on the LG G4.