For those that have recently purchased an Apple Watch and you have some problems with your Apple Watch apps keep crashing or freezing, below we’ll explain how you can fix this problem. The following instructions work for the Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch and Apple Watch Edition.
In most cases you can fix problems with the Apple Watch keep crashing by either doing a restart, reset or reboot the Apple Watch. The main reason you would want to either restart, reboot or reset your Apple Watch would because of software issues that could be the cause the Apple Watch app problems. Similar to both the Apple iPhone and iPad, you can also reboot and restart the Apple Watch, by just turning it ON and OFF. The following are instructions on how to restart and reboot the Apple Watch.
To fix Apple Watch apps that are freezing, it’s recommended to force quit each individual app to fix the problem. Below we’ll explain how you can fix the Apple Watch Apps that keep crashing and freezing.
How to force quit Apple Watch apps:
- Press and hold the side button of the Apple Watch until the shut down screen appears.
- Then press the side button to force quit the current app.
It’s important to note that you must be in the app you want to force quit before you can actually kill the Apple Watch.
How to turn OFF Apple Watch
- Press and hold the side button on the Apple Watch until the shut down screen appears.
- Confirm the shutdown for the Apple Watch to turn off.
- Press and hold down the side button again, then the Apple Watch screen will show up again.
How to reboot and restart Apple Watch
- At the same time, press and hold the Digital Crown and Side button.
- Let go of both of these buttons after 12 seconds.