How To Fix Galaxy S6 Back Button Not Working
When it comes to using the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge, these smartphones have many different features, options, and advanced controls. After all, it’s a tiny computer in your pocket. Even so, it’s not infallible. This statement probably isn’t surprising, though, considering how many problems smartphones can be prone to experiencing.
A common problem with both the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge is that some have reported that the S6 back button does not work. These buttons on the Galaxy S6 are touch buttons that light up with each tap. These keys light up when the Galaxy S6 is turned on, showing the smartphone is on and functioning.
Considering that, many believe that if the lights are not turned on that it means the Galaxy S6 back button is not working. If you have touch keys by the Home button or the return key and they aren’t turning on, below we’ll explain how you can fix this problem.
For the majority of people that own a Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge, the touch key is not broken and is actually working just fine. The reason that these button lights are not working is because they’re just disabled for the time being. Samsung has a default setting that has these lights turned off because the Galaxy S6 is in energy saving mode. The lights themselves aren’t actually necessary for the buttons to function, and when it comes to saving battery life, things that light up are the first to go.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to turn on the touch key lights on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge back on.
How to fix Touch Key light not working on Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge:
- Turn on the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Open the Menu page.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Quick Settings.
- Select Power Saving.
- Go to Power Saving Mode.
- Then go to Restrict Performance.
- Uncheck the box next to Turn Off Touch Key Light.
Now the lighting of the two touch keys on the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge will be turned back on. So if it was causing you some concern before, hopefully that’s all been ironed out.
- How to find a lost or stolen Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen that won’t rotate
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge back button not working
- How to fix Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to screen mirror on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge to a TV
- How to fix volume not working on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to remove duplicate contacts on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge