How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S5 Not Staying Connected To WiFi
Some Samsung Galaxy S5 owners have reported some WiFi connection issues saying that the Galaxy S5 not staying connected to WiFI and switches to the phone’s data instead. One reason that the WiFi connection on Galaxy S5 is having problems is because of a weak WiFi signal that no longer can connect the Galaxy S5 to the Internet.
But when the WiFi signal is strong and the Galaxy S5 WiFi can’t stay connected, then there are several ways that you can fix this problem. The reason that the Galaxy S5 WiFi doesn’t stay connected is because of the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The name of this settings is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the Samsung Galaxy S5 in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the Galaxy S5 WiFi problem.
Solve the wifi issue on Galaxy S5:
- Power off the Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time.
- After some seconds, the Galaxy S5 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started.
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it.
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Galaxy S5 with “reboot system now”.
Fix Galaxy S5 Not Staying Connected To WiFi Problem:
- Turn on your Galaxy S5 smartphone.
- Enable the mobile data connection of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your Galaxy S5 with the router still upright.
- Now your Galaxy S5 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile internet.
In most cases, the above instructions will help solve the WiFi problem. But if for some reason the Galaxy S5 WiFi connection gets terminated and automatically switch to the phones Internet running a“wipe cache partition” should fix the WiF issue. This method deletes no data from the Samsung Galaxy S5. All data such as photos, videos and messages are not deleted and safe. You can perform the “Wipe Cache Partition“ function over the Android recovery mode.