How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ (Edge Plus) Black Screen
Sometimes the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ will have a black screen after you have turned on the smartphone. The problem is that the Galaxy S6 Edge + buttons light up like normal, but the screen remains black and nothing is showing up. The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus screen won’t turn on at random times for different people, but the common problem is that the screen fails to wake up. There are several different ways to try to solve the Galaxy S6 Edge+ blank screen problem, follow the instructions below to learn how to fixthe Galaxy S6 Edge + black screen not turning on issue.
- How to fix Galaxy S6 Edge overheating problem
- How to fix Galaxy S6 Edge+ when it keeps restarting itself
- How to fix Galaxy S6 Edge+ freezing and crashing
- How to fix Galaxy S6 Edge+ back button not working
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The following steps will get the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time
- After the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button, while still holding the other two buttons until Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Using the “Volume Down” button, highlight “wipe cache partition” and press the Power button to select it.
- After the cache partition is cleared, the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus will reboot automatically
Read this guide for a more detailed explaination on how to clear cache on the Galaxy S6 Edge+
Factory Reset Galaxy S6 Edge+
If the method above didn’t help you fix the black screen problem on the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, then you should try to factory reset the smartphone. The following is a guide on how to factory reset the Galaxy S6 Edge+. It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a Galaxy S6 Edge+, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Get Technical Support
If none of the methods have worked in trying to get the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to turn with the black screen, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damage. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.