Most of the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphones are problem free, but some have reported have the Samsung Galaxy S6 not charging correctly. Some Galaxy S6 owners thought that the USB cable was an issue and went out and purchased a new charger, instead some quick methods that we’re about to suggest can generally fix the problem when the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge not charging when plugged in.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s Galaxy S6 phone case, wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
- How to change languages on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps freezing and crashing
- How to turn ON/OFF autocorrect with Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to keeps Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen on longer
- How to reset password on Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge when locked out
Some of the other most common causes of the problem of the charger on the Galaxy S6 not working may be the following, including the Samsung Galaxy S6 not charging – grey battery problem:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Bent, broken or pushed in connectors on the device or battery.
- Phone is defective.
- Damaged battery.
- Defective charging unit or cable.
- Temporary phone problem.
- Phone is defective.
The first thing to check when the Samsung Galaxy S6 not charging properly is the charging cable. Sometimes the charger cable has been damaged or lost the proper connection to charge the Galaxy S6. Before purchase a new cable, try switch it out with another USB cable that works to see if the issue is with the cable. If the other USB cable charges the Galaxy S6, then think about getting a new Galaxy cable charger here.
Clean USB Port
Another common issue with the Samsung Galaxy S6 not charging via usb is that there is something blocking the connection to the smartphone. It could be debris, dirt or lint that stops the connection. A good way to fix this issue is by placing a small needle or paper click and move it around in the USB charging port to get everything out. The majority of the time, this is the main issue when the Samsung Galaxy S6 is not charging properly. But it’s important to note that when cleaning the USB port, be careful not to damage anything and clean it out gently.
Reset Samsung Galaxy S6
Sometimes the reason that the Galaxy S6 not charging when plugged in is because the software needs a reboot. This method may be a temporary fix the problem, but does help fix the charging issue on the Galaxy S6. Read the detailed guide here.
Get Support From Authorized Technician
If none of the above methods work for fixing the Samsung Galaxy S6 not charging problem, another suggestion would be to take the smartphone and get it checked out by a Samsung technician. If for some reason the smartphone is need of repair and they might be able to provide a replacement under the warranty.
- How to find a lost or stolen Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen that won’t rotate
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge back button not working
- How to fix Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to screen mirror on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge to a TV
- How to fix volume not working on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to remove duplicate contacts on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge