How To Move Apps And Icon Around On iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus
Those who have purchased the Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus may be wondering how to move app icons and widgets on the Home screen to make the phone more personable. After all, it only makes sense to make sure the apps and widgets you use the most are the ones that are the most readily available. It might be confusing to some that they can’t move apps around like normal, by tapping and holding on the app.
There are several ways to move app icons around on the Today screen and organize different widgets. For those who don’t know how to move icons around on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, we’ll explain how to move widgets and app icons below.
How to Add and Adjust Home Screen Widgets On iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
- Unlock your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Go to the Today screen by swiping right from either the Home screen or the lock screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Edit.
- Add and remove widgets from this screen, or you can drag and move them around.
Additionally, you can also opt to edit the widgets by going to the settings of their corresponding app. You can learn more about using widgets here.
How to Rearrange Icons On iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
- Switch on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- From the Home screen, search for the app icon or icons that you want to rearrange or move.
- Press and then holding the relevant app’s icon.
- While still pressing on it, drag it to where you want it to be.
- Release the app icon when at its new location.
The above quick steps can also add apps to the Home screen from the App Drawer and should allow you to move and adjust different icons on the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus.