How To Record Time Lapse Videos On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Time lapse videos are becoming more and more popular these days, especially on the social networks that everybody is using. They can be very useful, and they can range from artistic to scientific to surreal. If you like the idea, then you probably thought about installing a third party time lapse app on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, but we have news for you! Your smartphone already has this filming mode available, which means you don’t need to install anything. It is called Hyperlapse and all you have to do in order to use it is to activate this mode from the Camera app settings.
Now that we probably got your attention, we’re going to walk you through the simple steps of switching the camera app from the default filming mode to the Hyperlapse mode. Before you rush into turning it on just to end up disappointed with the recording speed, hold your horses for a little while longer.
We recommend to you that prior to recording in Hyperlapse, you take a few seconds and switch the speed from the Auto, default setting, to one of the available speeds: 4x, 8x, 16x, or 32x. To get there, however, you will need to:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Tap on the Camera app.
- Position the camera in the portrait mode; up and down, rather than side to side.
- Head to the bottom left side of the screen.
- Tap on the button labeled as Mode.
- In the context menu with available camera modes that will open up, tap on Hyperlapse.
- Tap on Select Speed and pick your desired speed from the ones above mentioned.
- When you’re ready, hit the Record button and start recording the coolest time lapse videos on your smartphone.
It really is that simple to record time lapse videos on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. Forget the third-party apps, make the best of what your camera app already has to offer.