How To Remove Briefing From Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
Imagine owning the flagship smartphone of your chosen brand and discovering that there are no apps built in. All you get is a device that can send messages and make phone calls. This would take us back to a decade ago when all cellphones were like this. Not in this age that we live in though. This is the reason why phone manufacturers are always busy trying to come up with new apps that will keep them a step ahead of the competition.
Today, we get to talk about the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus’ Briefing news aggregator app. Many users would love to know how to get rid of this app from their device despite it being a very good news app. For some they find that it lags, while some prefer some other app that they believe can perform better. The good news is there is a way for you to disable it.
What You Should Know Before You Disable Briefing App:
- Briefing has its own dedicated app icon which gives it a special panel on the Home screen including push notifications
- In order to erase it totally, you will have to remove it from the Home panel and disable all of its notifications
To Disable The Briefing Panel From The Home Screen:
- Press and hold on an empty space on the Home screen
- An Edit screen will pop up, swipe from left to right and get access to the Briefing panel
- Check the top right corner of the screen for a blue toggle
- Click on it to switch from On to Off
- You will notice the toggle turning from blue to gray and see the Briefing panel color fading away, this confirms that you are successful in disabling it from your Home screen
To Completely Disable The Briefing App:
- From General Settings under Applications, get access to Application Manager
- Click on the More menu
- Choose Show system apps
- Choose the Briefing app
- When you get inside the app’s info page, click on Disable
Congratulations! You have now successfully removed the Briefing app completely from your device. You can now go on to install new apps that you prefer and find more useful to you. When the time comes that you would want Briefing back, you can always refer to above steps done in reverse to get it back on your device.