How To Reset the Password On Your Galaxy A7
Everyone has forgotten a password or passcode now and again, and if it happens with your Galaxy A7 it can be a disaster. Now you’re watching your useless phone while people keep calling and sending notifications you can’t read. Luckily, there are ways to resolve this problem. In this article, I will show you how to reset your password code on the Samsung Galaxy A7.
RESET YOUR PASSWORD WITH SAMSUNG’S FIND MY MOBILE
If your Galaxy A7 is already registered with Samsung, and you left your Samsung account logged in on the phone, you can use the “Find My Mobile” app to reset your password and bypass the lock code. (If you haven’t registered your phone, this won’t work.) You can use Find My Mobile on another phone or on a desktop computer.
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporarily reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
RESET YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER
The second option to reset the password on the Galaxy A7 is to use Google’s Android Device Manager and the Find My Device feature. Again, this only works if you are signed into your Google account on your phone.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer or another phone
- Locate your Galaxy on the screen
- Tap or click on “Secure Device”
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your phone
- Create a new password
RESET YOUR PASSWORD WITH A FACTORY RESET
If you haven’t signed up with Samsung or logged into your Google account, then the methods above won’t work for you, and the only recourse is to do a hard factory reset. This will delete all files and data on your A7, basically restoring it to the settings it had when it came out of the factory.
- Power off your Galaxy A7 and get it into Recovery Mode.
- Wait until you see the Android icon.
- Use the volume down button to select “wipe data/factory reset” option and press the Power button to select it.
- Use the volume down button to highlight “Yes – delete all user data” and press Power to select it.
- When the Galaxy A7 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Note that it is always a good idea to be backing up your phone regularly so that if you do have to do a hard reset, you won’t lose everything on the phone.