How To Reset Password On Huawei Mate 9 When Locked Out
If you own a Huawei Mate 9, it’s very common to forget the passcode and then need to reset the password. Many solutions to reset the password on the Huawei Mate 9 require completing a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their Huawei Mate 9 backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Huawei Mate 9 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Huawei Mate 9 when you get locked out.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Huawei Mate 9.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Powerbutton at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory resetoption and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user dataand press Power to select it.
- After the Huawei Mate 9 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Huawei Mate 9 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Huawei Mate 9. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Huawei Mate 9, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on the Huawei Mate 9 is for those that have already registered their Huawei Mate 9 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Huawei Mate 9 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Huawei Mate 9. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Huawei Mate 9 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password