It’s very common to forget the password on your Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. Many solutions to reset the password on the Galaxy S6 require to complete a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their Samsung Galaxy backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Galaxy S6 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge when you get locked out.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, Samsung Gear S2 and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
- How to change languages on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps freezing and crashing
- How to turn ON/OFF autocorrect with Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to keeps Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen on longer
- How to reset password on Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge when locked out
Samsung Galaxy S6 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your Galaxy S6
- Create a new password
Samsung Galaxy S6 Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another option would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung Galaxy S6 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Galaxy S6. If you have not already registered the Galaxy S6 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Galaxy S6 with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Samsung Galaxy S6 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Galaxy S6.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Galaxy S6 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy S6 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Galaxy S6. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Galaxy S6, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
- How to find a lost or stolen Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen that won’t rotate
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge back button not working
- How to fix Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to screen mirror on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge to a TV
- How to fix volume not working on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to remove duplicate contacts on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge