How To Set Custom Ringtones For iPhone And iPad in iOS 12
The new iPhones and iPad in iOS 12 comes with high and new designs plus features that can make it one of the best phones. Many users of this phone want to learn how to create their custom ringtones for their contacts. Creating custom ringtones and notifications is straightforward.
While you’re enjoying your iPhone and iPad in iOS 12, you can apply different tones to one or all contacts on your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr. Below is a detailed explanation on how to use your music to create notifications and custom ringtones on the Apple iPhone and iPad in iOS 12.
How to Set Custom Ringtones on iPhone and iPad in iOS 12
Apple iOS technology that allows users to include and produce their personalized and preferred ringtones for contacts has been featured in iPhone and iPad in iOS 12, and this time, it is a lot more comfortable than before.
Users have a pool of options to choose their custom ringtones for each of their contacts and also set custom notifications for messages as well. Beneath are some steps you’ll follow to allow you set your custom notifications and ringtones on your iPhone and iPad in iOS 12 device.
- Launch the iTunes app and update to the newest version
- Choose the song you want as your custom ringtone – note that only the first 30 seconds of the song will play
- Choose the start and stop times on the track by using the right-click or ctrl-click option on the song you chose and click on Get Info from the dropdown submenu
- Create AAC version by right-clicking or using the ctrl-click to create an AAC version of the song
- Copy the new file and delete the old one
- Change the file extension name by editing the file’s name so that you can change it from “.m4a” to “.m4r.” format
- Add the file to your iTunes library
- Sync your iPhone
- Launch the Settings app> Sounds > Ringtone to choose the song you want to use as your ringtone
After you’ve gone through the following steps and you’ve done as it says in your iPhone and iPad in iOS 12, you can change the default ringtones to any custom of your choice, you can also perform this action on other contacts too, and all other contacts will have their custom ringtones.
When you set your custom ringtones for specific contacts, you don’t have to panic about the caller because the custom notifications you’ve set allows you recognize the caller without checking your iPhone and iPad in iOS 12 device screen.