How To Sim Unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 5
For those that just have purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, you may want to know how to permanently SIM unlock Galaxy Note 5 and use it on any carrier you want. Below we’ll explain several different ways to Unlock the Note 5.
In most cases when you purchase the Galaxy Note 5 from a wireless carrier the smartphone is locked. The main reason for this is because cellular companies subsidized the phone to help lower the monthly bill for customers. But for those traveling internationally and need to use a different operator’s SIM abroad, it may be hard to do without unlock the Samsung Note 5.
The Galaxy Note 5 is the newest flagship smartphone from Samsung. If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that is locked to a particular carrier, and you want to SIM unlock the device, the process is easy to do it. Below we’ll explain how unlock the Note 5.
In most cases, with SIM unlocking of the Galaxy Note 5, there are two possible routes that you can take. Sometimes, the cellular company will provide you with an unlock code the Note 5. Another option would be to use a third-party services that will do the same for you. It’s always better to check the first option before going for the latter, since your service provider will mostly not charge you anything for the unlock code, while the third-party services will.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s Note 5 phone case, wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
Recommended: How to find the Galaxy Note 5 IMEI number
Getting SIM Unlock Code from Carrier
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Give the cellular company a call using the customer helpline.
- Ask for the unlock code for your Samsung Note 5.
- The provider will ask you for your device’s IMEI number. Provide that, and you will receive an email with the unlock code within a couple of days.
Purchasing SIM Unlock Code
- Pick a third-party unlock service, and select the right tool for your device. Remember that there are multiple offerings depending on the service that you choose, so there’s no one-size-fits-all solution here.
- Provide the service with your phone’s IMEI number.
- The service will provide you the unlock code within anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on the carrier the phone is locked to, and the service.
Once you have the unlock code through the method of your choice, it’s fairly simple.
- Power off your device.
- Remove your original SIM card, and insert the SIM that you want to use.
- Turn your phone on again, and enter the unlock code when prompted.