How To Solve Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus Auto Correct Issue
Despite the fact that the Auto Correct feature of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus was meant to help, it can also become an issue at times. For this reason, many users criticize this particular function of Samsung’s stock keyboard. Among the most common complaints is that it can:
- Stop working, out of a sudden, with no apparent reason;
- Change the final word of a sentence into something completely unrelated when you end a sentence with question mark or exclamation point;
- Or simply make totally inappropriate corrections and suggestions.
As you probably know, the Auto Correct feature is specific to a couple of other Samsung devices, yet the issues that we just mentioned above seem to trigger on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus and, what’s more important, they manifest mostly when using the Samsung Keyboard.
To turn off the feature and solve the Auto Correct issue on Galaxy S8…
- Turn on the device;
- Launch any app that integrates the Samsung keyboard;
- Tap and hold the Dictation Key – you should easily spot it right around the left area of the Space Bar;
- Tap on the gear icon to access the Settings;
- Tap on Predictive Text;
- Switch its toggle from On to Off.
The alternative to just disabling it would be to take some time and look into its special features, maybe there are things that you can adjust. On this occasion, you will notice some specific options such as:
- Auto punctuate – for apostrophes, periods, and other punctuation signs automatically inserted;
- Predictive text – for word suggestions placed right below the keyboard field;
- Auto replace – for automatically changing words into a more appropriate form every time when you press the space bar;
- Auto spacing – to automatically place spaces between the words that you type;
- Auto check spelling – for underlining in red whatever spelling errors it will detect.
If you’ve looked into all these options, did your best to tweak them, yet you’re still facing the same problems with your Galaxy S8 Auto Correct feature, only on the Samsung keyboard, another solution could be to simply start using a third-party keyboard. Use Google Play to research your options and you might be surprised by what you find in there.