How To Turn On And Off Galaxy S6 Without Power Button
Before you can even start using all the wonderful features of the Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge, you need to be able to turn it on and off. If you have damaged the power button on the smartphone, it probably doesn’t come as a shock that turning the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge on or off can become a bit of a challenge. So you may be wondering, “How do I turn my Galaxy S6 on and off without the power button working?” Don’t worry if you’ve broken or damaged the power button on your smartphone. We’ll explain below how to turn your Galaxy S6 on and off without the power button, and you can use the same instructions for the Galaxy S6 Edge.
How to turn ON the Galaxy S6 without using the power button:
- When the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge is turned off, press and hold the volume button for a few seconds.
- While holding the volume button, connect the Galaxy S6 to a computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your phone to boot to Download mode.
- Then press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
- After the operation has canceled, the Galaxy will reboot and turn on.
- You have successfully turned on the Galaxy S6 without using the power button.
How to turn OFF Galaxy S6 without using the power button:
- Press the home button and go to the Home screen.
- Select the Applications icon.
- Browse and select the Play Store icon.
- In the Search box, type in Button Savior.
- Download and install the application. You can also download Button Savior on the web if you cannot download it via the Play Store.
- After installation, open Button Savior. (You may have to enable debugging mode; follow this guide.)
- After enabling Debugging Mode, open Button Savior and Select Kill/Start Button Savior Service.
- A screen will pop-up with a small arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold on the Power button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select the Power Off option to turn off your device.
- You have successfully turned off the Galaxy S6 without using its power button.
Maybe it’s not as convenient as just using a power button, but now you can turn your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge on or off even if the power button is broken.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s Galaxy S6 phone case, wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
- How to find a lost or stolen Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen that won’t rotate
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge back button not working
- How to fix Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to screen mirror on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge to a TV
- How to fix volume not working on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to remove duplicate contacts on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge