How To Turn ON And OFF Galaxy S7 With Broken Power Button
Some have reported that after using the Samsung Galaxy S7 for sometime, there is a chance that you could break the Galaxy S7 power button. Nothing is infallible, after all, and odds are you don’t have a mysteriously invincible smartphone. Of course, when that happens it becomes a bit tricky to turn the Galaxy S7 on and off, without wasting battery, as that is one of the power button’s primary purposes. So you may be asking yourself, “How do I turn my Samsung Galaxy S7 on and off when the power button isn’t working?”
Don’t worry if you’ve broken or damaged the power button on your smartphone. It may seem like a big problem, but just follow the step-by-step instructions below to figure out how to turn your Galaxy S7 on and off without the power button. These instructions are the same for the Galaxy S7 Edge.
How to turn the Galaxy S7 ON without using the power button:
- When the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge is turned off, press and hold the volume button for a few seconds.
- While holding the volume button, connect the Galaxy S7 to a computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your phone to boot into Download mode.
- Then press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
- After the operation has canceled, the Galaxy S7 will reboot and turn on.
- You have successfully turned on the Galaxy S7 without using the power button.
How to turn the Galaxy S7 OFF without using the power button:
- Press the home button and go to the Home screen.
- Select the Applications icon.
- Browse and select the Play Store icon.
- In the Search box, type in Button Savior.
- Download and install the application. You can also download Button Savior on the web if you cannot download it via the Play Store.
- After installation, open Button Savior. (You may have to enable debugging mode: follow this guide.)
- After enabling Debugging Mode, open Button Savior and select Kill/Start Button Savior Service.
- A screen will pop-up with a small arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold on the Power button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select the Power off option to turn off your device.
- You have successfully turned off the Galaxy S7 without using its power button.