Insufficient Memory Error On Galaxy S9 And S9 Plus
Getting the error message “Insufficient storage available” on your phone can be annoying, it starts making you think you will have to get rid of some of your photos, videos, music, or files. While the message could be right, it could also be an unjustified error. How can you tell the difference between the two? What triggers the message error is essential, did you receive it when you are trying to update or when you are about to install a third-party app?
First, go to your phone general settings to check the memory status, click on System menu under the storage section, and there you will be able to see the full details of the used and available storage space. From there you will know if you need to start deleting some of your files.
If you genuinely have insufficient space, what you have to do is to move your folders instead of deleting them. You can put them into a microSD card or use the Cloud, all you need is to:
- Click on the Apps icon
- Hit My Files
- Go to Local Storage
- Select Device Storage
- It will display the list of all the folders and files you can handle
- Click on the box next to the folders and files you want to move
- Choose the destination of the data; the best option is your Cloud account
If You Have An Available Storage Unit But Still Get The Error Message
What we suggest in this type of situation is that you should try to delete the cache memory. The process is a bit more complicated than moving your files; however, the process doesn’t pose any threat of you losing your data.
Wiping The Cache Your Galaxy S9 Or S9 Plus
- Switch off your device
- Tap and hold your phone Home, Volume Up, and Power keys at the same time
- Release the Power key after the display of Samsung Galaxy text on the screen
- Use the Volume Down key to move and the power button to initiate the Recovery Mode
- After identifying and highlighting Wipe Cache Partition, click on the Power key to activate it
- Select the Yes option to confirm
- Wait and let your phone perform the function
- When you are through, click on Reboot System Now
- Start it using the Power key and wait for your phone to restart.
After performing this action, your phone should stop displaying the error. For more detailed instructions, check out this guide, it can help you clear the cache on Galaxy S9 and S9 plus.