iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus: Cannot Get Mail Problem (Solved)
If you ever had your hands on an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, you may have noticed a “Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed” error and wondered how to troubleshoot it. The “Cannot get mail” error occurs when the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus tries to redeem new emails, especially from Microsoft Exchange. Below are a couple of different methods which should address this connection problem for your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
Reenter Account Passwords
Sometimes this issue comes about on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus whenever you change your mail password in your desktop.
In your iOS device, go to Settings and then go to Mail, Contacts, Calendar and then to Account and finally to Password.
Select the Password and enter your new password. Your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus might require you to sign into make this alteration. After you log into your account, it should update your email password and refresh all your emails.
Note: If the sign in requirement does not appear, try it again 2 or 3 more times.
Change Microsoft Exchange Security Settings
- Access Active Directory Users and computer
- On the top menu, click on View and go to Advanced Features
- Find the mail account and right click and then choose Properties
- Select Security tab and then choose Advanced
- Click the check box ““Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent”
Move Mail to Different Inboxes
Another method is to move all mails from your inbox to a temporary folder (or any different folder) created on the server.
Change Password Settings
You can also, change the password for Microsoft Exchange email account or Yahoo account and retry to make sure the connection is now working.
- You can turn off the cloud by going back to all your email accounts and then reset the passwords
- Switch to “Airplane Mode” and then switch it off again
- Delete your account and then create a new account
- Reset Network settings via Settings and then to General and then to Reset and finally to Reset Network Settings
- Change the “Mail Days to Sync” field to “No Limit”