LG G5 Not Staying Connected To WiFi
Several owners of the new LG smartphone have said that the smartphone is having WiFi connection problems and that the LG G5 not staying connected to WiFI and change to data. There could be several possibilities why this is happening, but the main issue could be for the WiFi connection on LG G5 changes is because of weak WiFi signal that no longer can connect.
- How to fix LG G4 WiFi problems
- How to fix slow Internet lag on LG G4
- How to fix LG G4 Bluetooth problems
Other times this problem happens when the WiFi signal is great, but the LG G5 WiFi can’t stay connected and keeps switching over to the smartphone’s data. Another possible that is cause the LG G5 WiFi not to stay connected is because of the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the LG G5.
This feature is named “Smart network switch” and was create on the LG G5 to automatically change between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, when the network connection is not stable. Don’t worry below we’ll explain how you can change the WiFi setting to fix the LG G5 WiFi problem.
Fix LG G5 Not Staying Connected To WiFi Problem:
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Turn on the mobile data connection.
- Next go to Menu.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Wireless.
- Select the “Smart network switch” option.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your LG G5 with the router still upright.
- Your smartphone will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile internet.
Most of the time the steps above will help fix the WiFi problem. If by change the LG G5 WiFi connection is still not fixed, you should complete a “wipe cache partition” tp fix the WiF issue. It’s possible to a the “Wipe Cache Partition“ function over the Android recovery mode.
Recommended: How to clear LG G5 phone cache
Solve the wifi issue on LG G5:
- Power off the your smartphone.
- At the same time, hold the power off, volume up and the home button.
- Wait until the smartphone vibrates once and the recovery mode is started.
- Browse for the “wipe cache partition” option and start it.
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the LG G5 with “reboot system now”.