LG G5 Password Problem (Solved)
For those that own a LG G5, you could be having a password problem on your LG G5. Many solutions to fix the LG G5 password problem requires completing a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their LG G5 backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the LG G5 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to fix the password problem on the LG G5 when you get locked out.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the LG G5.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the LG G5 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the LG G5 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the LG G5. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the LG G5, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the LG G5 is for those that have already registered their LG G5 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the LG G5 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the LG G5. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your LG G5 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password