LG G5 Problems With Sound (Solved)
When it comes to the LG G5, there’s a problem with sound while making or receiving calls, and this seems like a common issue with those that own this smartphone from LG, which is a bit of a waste, considering making phone calls is one of the most basic functions of a smartphone.
Below, we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your LG G5 problems with sound. While your phone may not be loud enough to cause you a literal headache, it is most likely causing you a metaphorical headache.
If the audio problems still are happening after following the suggestions below, then it’s recommended to contact your retailer to get the LG G5 replaced.
How to fix LG G5 sound problems:
- Make sure you didn’t leave the protective plastic cover on the front of the phone by accident. It can cover the microphone, thus muffling sound.
- Turn off the LG G5, remove the SIM card, wait a few moments, and then reinsert the SIM card and turn the smartphone back on to see if this has fixed the issue.
- Dirt, debris, or dust could be stuck in the microphone, thus muffling the sound. Try cleaning the microphone out with compressed air and check to see if the LG G5 audio problem has been resolved.
- Audio problems can be exacerbated by Bluetooth. Turn off any Bluetooth device that’s synced to the phone and see if this resolves the audio problem on the LG G5.
- Wiping the cache of your smartphone can also solve the audio problem, as it could be a glitch related to some of the temporary data stored in the cache. You can read this guide on how to wipe the LG G5 cache.