LG V30 Fingerprint Sensor Not Working
The LG V30 fingerprint sensor can sometimes be on the fritz which is the reason why you can not use your fingerprint to quickly unlock your phone. It has been reported that the sensor is partially ineffective or that you can not enable or disable it properly. The following instructions will give you some insight which you can use to fix the LG V30 fingerprint sensor issues that has been causing you a great amount of inconvenience.
How To Use Fingerprint Sensor LG V30
If you don’t know how to setup and use the Fingerprint Sensor on the LG V30, all you need to do is access Settings, then on to Lock screen and security, and then to Screen lock type, and after that, go to Fingerprints and follow the onscreen instructions to activate and setup the fingerprint scanner on the LG V30. After setting up your fingerprint sensor, you can go back and add more fingerprints or remove fingerprints on the LG V30 Fingerprint Sensor.
Setting and enabling the LG V30 Fingerprint reader allows you to use your fingerprint to unlock the smartphone with one hand. Also, you can take advantage of the Fingerprint scanner on the LG V30, by using it as an alternative to passwords when surfing the web and signing in to pages or downloading distinct apps to verify a LG account. The steps below will teach you how to set up the all new LG V30 Fingerprint Sensor.
Setup the Fingerprint Sensor
The LG V30 has made it very easy and convenient when it comes to protecting your smartphone, with the new and improved built-in fingerprint scanner on all the iterations of modern smartphones by LG. You no longer have to fiddle around with any password or pattern to unlock your device. It is pretty straightforward and effortless to setup.
- First of all, make sure your LG V30 is turned on.
- Next, access the Lock screen and security located in the Settings menu.
- Then, tap Fingerprint and then tap +Add fingerprint
- After that, replicate the steps provided until 100% of your fingerprint has been scanned.
- And then, create a backup password.
- Now, press Ok to activate Fingerprint Lock
- Finally, to unlock your phone just put your finger on the home button.
How to disable Fingerprint Sensor
Some users might not be as comfortable in using the fingerprint sensor on the LG V30. Which might cause some to wonder whether they can disable this feature from the smartphone or not. Lucky for them, the fingerprint sensor feature can be disabled by simply following the steps provided below:
- First, make sure that your LG V30 is turned on.
- Then, from the Home screen, go to the Menu.
- Next is to press on Settings.
- After that, press on Lock screen and security.
- Finally, press on Screen Lock Type.
When you have performed the provided instructions above, you will have to use your fingerprint to switch off this feature. You can modify the LG V30 feature to a have different method on which to unlock the lock screen by choosing from following options:
Once you are done modifying the way you unlock your LG V30, you should be able to deactivate and switch off the fingerprint sensor on the LG V30.