Forgot Pin Password On LG V20 (Solution)
It’s very common to forget the password on your LG V20, just as it’s common to forget the password for basically anything. The most common solution to reset the password on the LG V20 requires you to complete a hard factory reset, which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those who back their phones up with some regularity, this isn’t a big deal. For those who don’t have their LG V20 backed up, we’ve compiled a couple different ways to reset the password on the LG V20 when locked out without having to lose any of your data or files.
The following is a guide that will teach you two different ways to reset the lock screen password on the LG V20 when you get locked out without performing a factory reset. However, we’ll also walk you through the steps to perform a factory reset if you decide that’s the best option for you to take.
LG V20 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the LG V20.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down button, select the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down button, highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- When the LG V20 restarts, everything will be wiped and it will be ready for you to set everything up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the LG V20. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the LG V20, you should back up all of your files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
LG V20 Reset Password with LG Find My Mobile
Another option would be to use LG’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your LG V20, which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the LG V20. If you have not already registered the LG V20 with LG, try registering it as soon as possible.
- Register the LG V20 with LG.
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporarily reset the password.
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password.
- Set a new password.
LG V20 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
Another solution to reset the password on the LG V20 is for those who have already registered their LG V20 with the Android Device Manager. When using the Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on the Android Device Manger will allow you to get the LG V20 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the LG V20.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer.
- Find your LG V20 on the screen.
- Enable the “Lock & Erase” feature.
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone.
- Set a temporary password.
- Enter the temporary password on your LG V20 to bypass the lock screen.
- Create a new permanent password and maybe write it in your wallet or something like that.