Notification Sounds And Alarm Vibrate Settings On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
You use your Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus for all kinds of activities. And whether you’ve missed a call, you just had an email entering your inbox, or there’s something your friends are buzzing about on a social network, chances are you get tens of different notifications on your Samsung Galaxy S9 throughout the day. How would you like to be able to customize all that?
The thing is that you can tweak notification sounds and modes. You can also change the notification mode into sound or vibration only, or both. Read on and you will learn how to do it.
How to Change Notification Sounds on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
- Swipe down with one finger from the top of the screen
- In the newly opened Notification Shade, tap the gear icon on the top right corner to access the Settings
- In the newly opened Settings app, go to Notification Sounds
- You should now access a screen where the main sound notification default settings are listed:
- Device notifications
- Messages notifications
- S Planner Notifications (calendar notifications)
- If you want to select a different sound for the device notifications, select the option labeled as Default notification sound
- You will see a list of audio files – tap on each one to listen to it
- Select the one you prefer
- Use the back button on the top left corner when you want to save that selection and to return to the general sound settings screen.
How to Customize Notification Settings on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
- Go back to the Notifications Shade and tap the Settings icon
- Under Sounds and Vibration, select Notification Sounds
- Go to Message Notifications if you want to adjust the notifications for the text messages you receive on your Samsung Galaxy S9
- Use the Messages Notifications Switch and toggle it right or left, depending on whether you want to receive audio notifications or not
- Use the Notification Sound setting if you want to choose a different sound notification for text messages than the default one
- Make use of the Vibrate Switch and toggle it right or left, depending on whether you want the device to vibrate or not when you receive a text message
- Use the Preview Message Switch and toggle it right or left, depending on whether you want or not to have access to a message preview on the lock screen of the device, every time when you receive a text message
So far, we discussed how to adjust settings for general notifications on Samsung Galaxy S9 and how to tweak the text messaging settings.
If you’re interested in personalizing the S Calendar notifications a little bit, the steps are almost the same: Notifications >> Settings>> Sounds & Vibration >> Notification Sounds. This is the point where instead of Device notifications or Message notifications you will select the S Calendar. From there, you know what you have to do.