Popcorn Time is an online service that streams movies and television shows from torrents for free. First, the selected item is downloaded from a random torrent site then; it’s played on your computer. Popcorn Time can run on Mac, Windows, Linux and Android 4.0.3 and higher. It’s was only available as a stand-alone application that you install on your computer. Until recently.
Also see our article How to Watch Amazon Prime Video With Chromecast
Popcorn Time also has a website where you can stream HD movies and television shows free through your web browser. If you use Popcorn Time from your Chrome Browser, you can then, cast what you want to watch to your Google Chromecast device. Popcorn Time used with your Chromecast, sounds like a pretty swell idea to us.
Let us just reiterate that Popcorn Time downloads then, streams movies and television shows from torrents. Use your own discretion as to whether you want to proceed or not. Let’s take a look at how to get and setup Popcorn Time in the Chrome Browser. Then, we’ll explain how you can cast Popcorn Time to your Google Chromecast device.
Now, let’s take a look at how to get and setup Popcorn Time in the Chrome Browser. Then, we’ll explain how you can cast Popcorn Time to your Google Chromecast device.
Popcorn Time Online
The first thing you’ll do is navigate to the Popcorn time online website. Then, you’ll see a large selection of movies and television shows to choose for your viewing pleasure.
- As soon as you’ve chosen what you want to watch, click on it. Then, you’ll be to the page for that title.
- If you’ve chosen to watch a television series, you’ll see the seasons and episodes available to watch. Chosen a movie instead? Then, you’ll see the title, short description and photos from the movie.
- Before you click to watch it now at the bottom middle of the page, chose the HD video quality. They offer 1080p, 720p, and 3D for movies. Tv shows have a video quality range. It goes from standard definition to various HD choices. After you’ve settled on your video quality, click the watch it now button.
- Click the watch it now button. A page opens and informs you that to use Popcorn time in your browser, you’ll need to download the torrents time browser plugin. Go ahead and click the download now button.
- You’ll get an alert in the bottom of your Chrome browser where the download of the plugin takes place. It tells you that a file such as it could harm your computer so, click on either the discard or keep button.
- So, you’ve decided to install the plugin needed, great. After the download’s completed, install the plugin file. Then, the first run begins. It gets recommended that you use a VPN (virtual private network) to keep yourself and your viewing anonymous. If, you choose to keep going without a VPN, then, just click continue.
Okay, we’re almost there. Now you’ve got Popcorn time ready to roll. Next, is how we get Popcorn time to cast through your Google Chromecast.
Cast Popcorn Time to your Chromecast
We’re assuming that you’ve got the latest version of the Chrome browser installed on your computer. Preferably at least have a version of the Chrome browser with the Chromecast extension installed on it. If you don’t then, please do so now. Thank you.
- Click on the Chromecast icon in the upper right-hand side of your Chrome browser.
- Then, select your Google Chromecast to cast your screen from your computer to your tv.
- Now you should see the Popcorn time movie or show appear on your television screen.
Finally, just click the play button and enjoy!
So, now you have the information you need to get started using Popcorn Time from your computer and cast it through your Google Chromecast. All you need is the Google Chrome browser, access to the Popcorn Time website, the torrent plugin and your Chromecast.
Just grab some popcorn. Then, enjoy movies and all your favorite shows to your heart’s content.