Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Not Staying Connected To WiFi
For those that own a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, you could be having some WiFi connection issues. An example of this is when the Galaxy Note 5 is not staying connected to WiFI and switches to the phone’s data instead. One reason that the WiFi connection on the Samsung Note 5 is having problems is because of a weak WiFi signal that no longer can connect the Note 5 to the Internet.
But when the WiFi signal is strong and the Galaxy Note 5 WiFi can’t stay connected, then there are several ways that you can fix this problem. The reason that the Note 5 WiFi doesn’t stay connected is because of the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s Note 5 phone case, wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
- How to use Galaxy Note 5 as a Mobile hotspot
- How to fix Galaxy Note 5 slow Wi-Fi problem
- How to fix Internet lag on Galaxy Note 5
- Guide for Wi-Fi printing on Galaxy Note 5
The name of this settings is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the Samsung Note 5 in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the Galaxy Note 5 WiFi problem.
Solve the wifi issue on Galaxy Note 5
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Power off the Samsung Note 5.
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time.
- After some seconds, the Note 5 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started.
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it.
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Galaxy Note 5 with “reboot system now.”
In most situations, the above steps will help solve the WiFi problem. But if for some reason the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 WiFi connection gets terminated and automatically switch to the phones Internet running a“wipe cache partition” should fix the WiF issue. This method deletes no data from the Note 5. All data such as photos, videos and messages are not deleted and safe. You can perform the “Wipe Cache Partition“ function over the Android recovery mode. Also recommended: How to clear Galaxy Note 5 cache
Fix Galaxy Note 5 Not Staying Connected To WiFi Problem:
- Turn on your Samsung Note 5 smartphone.
- Enable the mobile data connection.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your Samsung Note 5 with the router still upright.
- Now your Samsung Note 5 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile internet.