Samsung Galaxy S7 Problems With WiFi (Solutions)
The Samsung Galaxy S7 problems with WiFi seems like a common issue with those that own the new smartphone from Samsung. Some of the problems noticed on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge include a slow Wifi/weak Wifi connection, WiFi switches to data automatically and the ability to forget a WiFi connection on the Galaxy S7. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your Galaxy S7 problems with WiFi that is causing you a headache.
- How to fix Galaxy S7 bluetooth problems
- How to fix slow Internet Lag On Galaxy S7
- How to turn data ON and OFF with Galaxy S7
- How to fix slow WiFi problem on Galaxy S7
Galaxy S7 switches from WiFi to Data randomly
The way that the Galaxy S7 WiFi connection switches from WiFi to data is based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. The name of this setting is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the Samsung Galaxy S7 in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the Galaxy S7 WiFi problem.
Make sure WiFi is turned off on Galaxy S7
It’s very common that your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge is still connected to a weak WiFi signal, and you should you check to make sure the WiFi disabled or turned OFF. The following will take you to the Wi-Fi settings of the Galaxy S7:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Turn on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Select on Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Touch the ON/OFF slider next to Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi OFF.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
To delete a saved Wifi network on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy Edge, go to the settings menu and look for the WiFi section. Browse for the network that you want to delete and remove from your Galaxy S7. Once you find the WiFi connection, long press it, and then select “Forget.” (There’s also a “modify” option, which mostly is a nice way to change the Wifi password saved on your device.)
- Turn on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Swipe down on the screen to open up the notification panel and select Settings.
- Browse to the Network connections section and then tap Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is off, select the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
- Select the required Wi-Fi network profile you want to forget and select Forget
- The selected Wi-Fi network profile has been forgotten.
Disable the smart network switch on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone
- Enable the mobile data connection of the Samsung Galaxy S7.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your Samsung Galaxy S7 with the router still upright.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy S7 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet.
Solve Slow WiFi on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
Another issues is the slow WiFi speed on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix Galaxy S7 WiFi problem.
How to fix slow wifi on Galaxy S7:
- Power off the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the Galaxy S7 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Galaxy S7 with “reboot system now”
Get Technical Support
For those that have done everything they can to fix the slow Internet connection on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.
- How to hide photos on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix WiFi problems on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix slow Internet speed on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix black screen problem on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge to a TV
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge wireless charging not working
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge that gets hot