Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus MHL Support
If you are interested in learning how to use screen mirroring on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, here we provide you a step-by-step guide. There are a variety of ways you can mirror the screen of this device onto the screen of a TV using MHL support. Many users have found this process to be very challenging with the software that is currently available on the phone.
Here we walk you through the stages of the two simplest ways to achieve this function on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- First, you must buy an MHL adapter that is suitable for this device.
- Attach the adapter to the correct port in your Galaxy S8.
- Connect the adapter into a Power supply.
- Then attach a standard HDMI cable to connect your adapter to a HDMI socket on your monitor or television.
- After they are connected, you should be able to flip the tv over to the correct HDMI channel and see the contents of your phone’s screen on this channel.
If you have a older TV that is of the analogue variety, you will need to use a HDMI to composite adapter. This is your best bet at allowing this method to work.
- You need to look for a Samsung Allshare Hub.
- When you have one, use a standard HDMI cable to attach your TV to the hub.
- Then ensure the TV and your Galaxy S8 are connected to the same wireless network.
- Do this by first, going to Settings on the phone.
- Find and select Screen Mirroring.
With a Samsung SmartTV, this wireless capability is already installed. Which means you won’t have need for the allshare hub.