Samsung Note 5: How To Fix When Dropped Into Water
One of the most common damages to the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is water damage by getting wet. Your water damaged smartphone can be restored and fixed if it has gotten wet. When you have gotten your Galaxy Note 5 wet you have a couple of options to save it from permanent damage. These following instructions will help you give the best chance of surviving a wet cell phone and avoiding water damage to your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Turn off your Galaxy Note 5. Shutting down your smartphone will help protect from short circuiting in the hardware. You can instantly shutdown your Android based device by removing the battery.
- How to turn ON/OFF autocorrect with Note 5
- How to block calls on Note 5
- How to fix Note 5 back button not working
- How to use Note 5 as a mobile hotspot
- How to bypass lock screen on Note 5
Try shaking, tilting or blowing air into the Note 5 to remove as much water out it if possible. By removing the water you can prevent any more damage that can happen to your device.
Open it your water damaged Galaxy Note 5
The best way to help fix your water damage cell phone is to open the case and get air to your Galaxy Note 5. Check out iFixit.com to find instructions for opening your Samsung Note 5.
You can also dry your cell phone or tablet to help reduce the amount of damage by speeding up the process of getting rid of the water in your water damaged Note 5. Instead of using the rice trick to absorb the water that many attempt with a water damaged Galaxy Note 5, there are several better methods to absorb the water out of electronic device.
- Open Air. We compared the water absorption of eight different materials (including silica gel and rice.) None of these materials was as effective as leaving the device in an open space (such as a counter top) with good air circulation.
- Couscous. Instant couscous or instant rice are acceptable substitutes for silica. In our tests, these absorbed water much faster than conventional rice. Instant oatmeal works too, but makes a mess of your phone.
- Silica Gel. The best common drying agent is silica gel, which can be found in the pet aisle of your grocery store as “crystal” style cat litter.
Check to see if water damaged fix has worked
After it seems like your smartphone has become dry, attempt turning on and seeing if it functions normally. Several tests for this include charging the battery to see if it holds a normal charge. You can also sync your device to your Mac or Windows computer to see if your Galaxy Note 5 will respond for you to recover data from it. You can also try replacing the old batter with a new one to see if the new battery will work correctly.
If all of those methods to fix your water damaged Note 5, you can still sell your broken water damaged cell phone. Remember to keep your SIM card and SD cards as these contain important information like contacts and other sorts of data that can be valuable and save you time when getting a smartphone.
- How to fix Note 5 when dropped in water
- How to use private mode on Note 5
- How to reset password when locked on Note 5
- How to screen mirror on Note 5
- How to connect Note 5 to a TV
- How to fix black screen problem on Note 5
- How to fix Note 5 screen that won’t rotate
- How to recover deleted photos on Note 5
- How to fix fast battery drain problem on Note 5
- How to set custom ringtones on Note 5
- How to fix slow Internet problem on Note 5