How to Use Screen Mirroring on the Samsung Galaxy J5
Watching movies on a smartphone is fun, but it’s not the same as the big-screen experience. Fortunately, it isn’t difficult to both – it’s easy to screen mirror your Galaxy J5 smartphone to your TV so that what plays on the Galaxy J5 screen and audio also plays on the TV. There are two basic approaches to doing this: a hard-wired connection or a wireless connection. In this article I’ll explain how to do both.
Connect Galaxy J5 to TV via a hard-wired connection
Using the hard-wired connection method, you can just plug your phone into the TV via an adapter, and whatever is shown on the Galaxy J5 screen will also display on the TV.
- Purchase a MHL adapter that is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy J5.
- Connect the Galaxy J5 to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into a power source.
- Use a standard HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your television.
- Set the TV to display video from the HDMI port you are using.
NOTE: If you have an older analogue TV, the addition of a HDMI to composite adapter would allow you to mirror the Galaxy J5 to your TV.
Connect Galaxy J7 to TV via a wireless connection
- Purchase a Samsung Allshare Hub.
- Connect the Allshare Hub to your TV via a standard HDMI cable.
- Connect the Galaxy J5 and the AllShare Hub or TV to the same wireless network.
- Access Settings > Screen Mirroring
NOTE: If you use a Samsung SmartTV, you do not need to purchase the Allshare Hub and can just directly mirror the phone to the TV since they already know how to work together.
Do you know of other ways to screen mirror a Galaxy J5 smartphone to a TV? Let us know below!