How To Set Up WiFi Tethering On Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus
A lot of Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus users are being hooked up to the mobile hotspot feature of their smartphone. The feature provides convenience and an aid for those users who aren’t able to connect to the WiFi connection on their area or a weak mobile data signal. This is great for those group of friends who are studying or working remotely in a cafe or a public park, and not all of them are able to get the sufficient signal they need to connect to the internet. When you own a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus and you have a stable connection, all you need to do is activate the mobile hotspot feature and boom! Your friends will be able to connect to your Wi-Fi hotspot simultaneously.
Utilizing your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 plus as a mobile hotspot is really awesome and to fully grasp its benefits, one must really experience the perks of it. It’s safe to assume that the main reason your stumble upon this article is that you don’t know how to navigate through the Wi-Fi tethering feature of your Samsung Galaxy S9. If that’s the case, worry not, for we got you covered.
Battery Life When Tethering WiFi With Your Galaxy S9
This most common concern most of our avid readers asks us is if the battery life of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus shall be affected when you enable the Wi-Fi tethering on your smartphone. If you’re also concern about that part, know that Samsung significantly enhanced its latest flagship phone’s battery that’s why you should be confident with its performance upon activating the Wi-Fi tethering feature. It should squeeze some extra battery life out of your battery, but that not high that it’ll result in being drastically drained in an hour or two.
Now that battery aspect of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus has been concerned, all you need to focus upon is the process of setting up the mobile hotspot on your smartphone and changing the password as soon as you have set it up, for security purposes of course (Including the WPA2 security). So without further ado, let’s proceed to the steps.
How To Setup The Wi-Fi Tethering Of Your Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus
- Open the Settings app from your smartphone’s notifications panel
- Access the Connections option
- Press the Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot to open the available options
- Choose the Mobile Hotspot feature
- Press the toggle to turn it ON or OFF
- A notification shall appear on your screen saying that the Wi-Fi connection will turn OFF automatically
- Press the OK button to proceed
- A direction shall appear on the lowermost part of your screen. It will provide instructions on how to sync other devices to the Wi-Fi tethering of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. Follow it
How To Change Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Wi-Fi Hotspot Password Settings
- Head back to the Wi-Fi hotspot and Tethering from the same general Settings menu
- Choose the Mobile Hotspot inside this option
- Press the three-point symbol to open the extended window
- Press the Configure from the new list of settings that will appear on your screen
- Edit the password in the password field that shall appear
- Press the Save button for the modifications to take effect and leave the menus once done
Once you have done all the steps above, you’ll now be able to activate the tethering feature of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus in case you need to. Your friends or family member’s devices shall be able to connect to your mobile hotspot and reap the rewards you’re getting from your smartphone. Just be sure to change the password and make it as hard as possible so that strangers won’t be able to connect to your smartphone!