How To Turn ON And OFF Autocorrect On OnePlus 5
One of the great features of the OnePlus 5 is the Autocorrect feature. The idea behind the Autocorrect feature was to create a tool that will assist a user in fixing typographical errors and other spelling mistakes while typing on your OnePlus 5. As important as this feature sounds, it can sometimes become annoying when it starts correcting words that are not wrong. Some users find this to be very annoying.
If you are not a fan of the autocorrect feature on your OnePlus 5, I’m sure you will be glad to know that there is a way to deactivate it on your OnePlus 5. You have two options, you can choose to deactivate completely or you can deactivate it not to correct words that it does not recognize when toying on your OnePlus 5. The guide below will make you understand how you can switch off the 3.
How to Switch On and Off Autocorrect on OnePlus 5:
- Power on your OnePlus 5
- Look for a screen that will make the keyboard to appear
- Tap and hold down the “Dictation Key” placed beside the Space bar
- You can now click on the “Settings” gear option
- Under the “Smart Typing” section you will see “Predictive Text” click on it to disable it
- There are also options like the auto-capitalization and punctuation marks that you can deactivate
If you later wish to switch ON autocorrect on your OnePlus 5, you just need to go back to the keyboard, locate settings and change the autocorrect feature to ON to return to standard mode. It’s important to point out that if you are using an alternative keyboard that you downloaded from Google Play, the method to switch off the autocorrect feature on OnePlus 5 might be a little bit different to the one explained above depending on the keyboard layout.