Wedding Wishes and Congratulations
Wedding etiquette is a set of certain rules everybody has to follow, and sending wedding cards with warm wishes is one of the most important of them. It may seem that there’s nothing easier than writing a heartfelt message that will show how much you are happy for the newlyweds, but actually, it’s a quite tough task, especially when you’re going to congratulate your coworker, acquaintance or a distant relative. The closest ones also experience difficulties when writing a wish, mostly because some things just can’t be put into words. Fortunately, there are a lot of beautiful, funny or serious, touching or formal, short or long messages you can customize and turn into the best greeting ever!
What to Write in a Wedding Card
- What to Write in a Wedding Card
- Best Wedding Congratulations for Newly Wed
- Ideas of Wedding Card Messages from Parents
- Happy Wedding Day Wishes for the Bride and Groom
- Casual Wedding Greeting Card Messages
- Happy Marriage Wishes for Daughter or Son
- Funny Wedding Wishes Quotes for Siblings
- Happy Married Life Wishes for a Friend
- Short Wedding Card Sayings and Sentiments
- Formal Wedding Well Wishes for Newlyweds
- Religious Wedding Wishes for Marriage Blessing
Writing a congratulatory message isn’t actually as easy as it sounds. No wonder a lot of people don’t try to reinvent the wheel and prefer to choose one of the beautiful, heartfelt greetings and customize them. It’s nothing to be ashamed of: after all, why not use the words and phrases that perfectly reflect everything you feel? If you don’t know what to write in the card, just read the warm quotes below. You can always make them more personal by adding some details and make a message even more pleasant to the newlyweds!
- May the day of your wedding be a beginning of your long and happy life together as husband and wife.
- Hope you will have all the ingredients a good marriage needs such as a bowl full of love, a handful of humor, a spoonful of romance and a pinch of understanding. When you mix all this, your joy will last forever! Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Your wedding day is a starting point of your new life together. May joy, love and happiness follow you all the way.
- Congratulations to the most beautiful couple! The two of you are created to be together.
- May your journey as a married couple keeps getting only better with each passing day.
- I will never be able to express how happy and grateful I am to witness the joy of your wedding day. Congratulations to you both on finding each other because it’s truly a blessing to find the perfect person whom you can share all your days with.
- Congratulations! Guys, if only you could see yourself with my eyes! You look perfect together! And I am super happy and excited for you both!
- Congratulations on finally finding each other! You are a perfect match and your greatest adventure is about to begin.
- Please, accept my heartfelt congratulations on your wedding day. The best wishes to both of you .
- I am really happy to celebrate this day with you both! Wishing you a long, happy marriage full of love and understanding.
Best Wedding Congratulations for Newly Wed
In some cases, the phrase “Congratulations on your wedding” is just not enough. It’s a big day for the newlywed couple, and they expect their relatives and close friends be really happy for them and express their feelings in a more personal way. If you don’t know what to say, how to put your positive emotions into words, you can always choose the easy way: just take a glance at the wonderful congrats we’ve selected for you. Maybe one of them describes exactly what you feel and wish to the bride and groom!
- As you share your lives together with each other, may a married life be full of romance and cuddling. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
- I wish there were a bigger font so that I could express the amount of joy and happiness I experienced when the news that you two were going to get married had arrived. Congratulations!!!
- Congratulations to the Newly-weds! I’d like to wish you love that knows no end just like your wedding rings!
- What the family is if not the most magic place. The place where people find love, tenderness, care and understanding. As two people who have just created a family, you should know that any family’s initial purpose is healing not hurting. Due to this, I wish you lots of love and only positive emotions. Congratulations on your wedding!
- We bet that you can’t wait to find out what the married life has got in store for the two of you. Hope that it has only good surprises. Take the best wishes on your wedding day! May it be happy! Congrats!
- From now on you aren’t just two souls in love, you are a family. The family brings a whole package of love, care, passion and affection!
- Some say that if you want to know whether love is real or not, you must go through with your loved one many tests. That’s why I want to wish you from all my heart to pass these tests and keep your love till the very end. My beloved bride and groom, congratulations on your wedding!
- Congratulations on your wedding day! Looking at you both I am sure that your love will last till the last breath.
- The shared life that is waiting you ahead will be the best part of your lives. We are all super excited that you have decided to tie the knot. Accept our warmest congratulations and best wedding wishes!
- Wishing you a shared life as beautiful as in fairy tales. May the years you will spend together as husband and wife be full of happiness, love, and blessings.
- Wishing you a happy married life. Never forget to feel each other‘s heart and soul.
Love you, congratulations!
Ideas of Wedding Card Messages from Parents
There’s no way for the parents to express their joy for their dear kid and his or her soulmate that have found each other in this big world. But this doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t even try! It’s a day of happiness for the whole family that gained a new member. If you’re looking for the great ideas of the truly touching, sincere, and beautiful message for your dear children, take a glance at these wishes. The truth is that happy parents of the newlyweds often feel the same, so why not use the words that describe everything you feel? Moreover, you can always combine these quotes and create a entirely new, original message!
- Marriage means that your soul and heart have met the soul and heart of another person and you finally feel complete and loved beyond measure.
- I don’t doubt your love even for a second and I know that it last and be a proof that true love is kind, beautiful and enduring. May you have great happiness together!
- There is no other blessing in life that could be compared to a blessing of finding a soul mate. You both found yours. May your happiness last for a lifetime. All the best wishes for your wedding day!
- No matter how much you want your wedding day to stay forever, it’ll pass. But your love to each other won’t. May it only grow stronger! Congratulations to the perfect couple!
- Care for each other, grow together, share everything with each other and keep each other closest to the heart. These are the main rules of a happy married life. May you have many, many happy years ahead!
- Our big and happy family has grown by one today and we couldn’t be happier about that! Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your marriage, we love both of you very much and wish you endless happiness.
- May the love you have for each other today only grow stronger and more fulfilling with each year ahead.
- Life is a roller coaster and riding it together is better than alone. Give each other high fives at all the right times and places and remember to support each other through all twists and turns.
Happy Wedding Day Wishes for the Bride and Groom
What in marriage matters most? Mutual respect, love and care, strength or understanding? A lot of the guests tell the new couple what they think, and in most cases, this is a correct strategy. Wedding day wishes aren’t always about the joy you feel; sometimes they are also about important advice you can give the bride and groom. Who knows, maybe they’ll remember it when the time comes. If you’re looking for some great inspirational congratulations on getting married, you’re in the right place. Just look through the messages below and select the quote you like most!
- May the joy that fills in your heart right now never leave you! Congratulations on your wedding!
- If you love real, then marriage will only get better and stronger with each passing year. All that you feel today is just the start. Congratulations!
- We hope that you both will always find yourselves as much in love as you are today. (Tip: always find time for date nights and lots of them!)
- What an honor for you to get a new title of husband and wife! Be patient and understanding as you won’t make it through the marriage without these qualities!
- It is so inspiring to watch you two making promises and stepping forward into the future together! Have a wonderful journey!
- A married life should be modern enough to move with the times, yet old-fashioned enough to last forever! Love and respect each other!
- It’s wonderful to see you both knotted as one. Family and friends are here today to share and celebrate your marital union. Look at your marriage as at a bridge that leads to peace, happiness, prosperity and deeper love!
- Every time it seems that we couldn’t have been happier for you, you look at each other with eyes full of love and affection and we get even more excited for your marriage! Congratulations to a lovely couple!
- As you are off to a flying start of your shared life, remember that your first and foremost job is each other’s happiness. Congratulations.
- You should enjoy each other’s company, celebrate each other’s life, and love each other every single day the same way you do today! That’s what I wish you!
Casual Wedding Greeting Card Messages
Weddings are the occasions that all of us visit a lot of times, and that’s normal. We all live in society, we communicate, find new friends, work for bosses, keep in touch with childhood friends, spend time with colleagues, and so forth. We’re surrounded by a lot of good people, but not all of them are the closest time. When you’re invited to a wedding of your acquaintance, you need to write some nice words of congratulations, but how to do that when you can’t write something really personal? The answer is simple: fortunately, there are a lot of sweet but casual greeting messages that will definitely make the spouses smile, so don’t hesitate to use them!
- May you never stop being amazed and inspired by each other! Fill the house you will in with the warmth of your love and happiness!
- As you enter the new phase of your life, hope you will always find time for each other, support each other, share each other’s joys and sorrows! Married life means sharing everything. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- May your love for each other shine brighter and grow stronger with each upcoming day. The best of wedding wishes for the newlyweds.
- Dear newly married couple, you have decided to start a family and so one of the most important and spectacular phases in your life has just started. Wish that all of your plans and hopes for the future become true! Congratulations on your wedding!
- Congratulations on your marriage! You two look so great together that we have no doubts that you were made for each other! May a wonderful life together bring you lots of joys and happiness!
- Today is the day of your wedding,
From now on you’re called husband and wife.
May love, support and sharing
Be the principles of your life!
- The key to a long happy married life is to never stop falling in love with each other! May it be so! Congratulations to the most beautiful couple on your wedding day!
- Dear newlyweds, all people have only a few really meaningful events in their life and without any doubts wedding is one of them. That’s why I hope that you will cherish this beautiful day in your hearts forever. Good luck in family life.
- There is only one secret to have a strong and happy family. The secret is to love and care for each other no matter what! Looking at you, I know that everything is going to be just right. Thank you for giving us all hope and belief that true love exists! Congrats.
- Today is your wedding day, the happiest day of all and I’d like to tell you that everything you need to know about love is in this quote: “Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.”
Happy Marriage Wishes for Daughter or Son
It’s not true that the family loses a son or a daughter when they meet their significant other. What can be more inspiring than seeing that your little princess is building her own happiness with a man who’s absolutely worth her? What can bring more joy than looking at your dear son who became a real man and found a woman who loves and respects him? Parents note that the wedding of their beloved children is gaining a new family member, and there’s nothing more priceless. In this time of tons of positive emotions, gifts, and love you can tell your kid how happy you are by writing one of these wonderful wishes on the wedding card!
- As far as the saying goes, you don’t lose a son, you gain a daughter, we’d like to point out that it is certainly true for our family. We can’t imagine a better new daughter, so, darling, welcome into our family. The two of you are made to be together! You have no idea how much happiness you have brought to us over the years, and we look forward to sharing even more joy over the years to come.
- Our sweet little princess is all grown up and I might say that no one ever looked more beautiful in a wedding dress than you do. Darling, you are like an angel. As you take this man as your husband, we don’t have to worry about your future – he will take care of you! Best of luck on the future of adventures!
- Our sincere congratulations to our son and daughter-in-law on their wedding day. Be happy every day!
- We don’t understand parents who say that they are losing a son/daughter when their child gets married. We’re not losing, but gaining one. We are happy to see a new family member! Welcome!
- You’re an amazing man who can love with your whole heart. We are proud of you and bet you can’t wait until the time you become a proud parent too! Hope, it won’t take you long. Have a blessed wedding day from your mom and dad.
- Dear son, since you have always been good at building things, we have no doubts that you will build an amazing married life with your beautiful wife! We are very proud of you!
- I could have told you that I loved you in tons of different ways. I could have told you one more time that with you my life was fulfilled with joy. I could have expressed in different words how honored I was to have you as my child, but for better or for worse there won’t be not enough time on earth. May you be blessed on your wedding day as I have been every day with you in it.
- As much as I love you both, I know that you two love each other even more! That’s why I couldn’t be happier for you!
- What a wonderful day for our family to welcome a new member. We are happy for each of us, especially for you two. May the joy you feel today last a lifetime.
- As our son/daughter and son-in-law/daughter-in-law start off their life as a married couple, we’d like to let them know that they always can count on us. Best wishes to you two.
Funny Wedding Wishes Quotes for Siblings
Sisters and brothers have a very special relationship. They share everything from birth, they support and help each other, they can rely on each other, and, of course, they make fun of each other. Seeing your sibling in a wedding dress or in an elegant suit means that the new chapter in their life is beginning, and there’s nothing more beautiful than that. Still, it doesn’t mean that you must forget about humor. Your dear sis or bro will appreciate the funny message or quote from you. After all, there’s always time for a smile, even if it’s a wedding day!
- We’d like to thank for being invited to eat and drink at your wedding while you are getting married. Congrats btw!
- Wish you a married life that will be more X-rated than any film of such kind!
- Thanks for the free drinks, guys. And of course, best wishes on your marriage. May it be a long and happy one!
- I thought I’d never see the day of your wedding – but here it is! Congratulations!
- I always compare getting married to going to drama school. You do your best to play a role you’re given, but the difference is, as a spouse your tears are real. Well, wish you to have more comedy than melodrama.
- Those who say that your marriage marks a new chapter of your love story have probably never been married. Because the truth is, marriage marks the beginning of a never-ending wrestling match. Anyways, wish you all the very best.
- Marriage is indeed beautiful. You have been lucky enough to find that one person you get to annoy to rest of your and their life.
- Being married, I have learned one thing, the only key to build a successful married life is saying “yes” when you really wanted to say “no.” This rule can save your life. Just kidding… Or not?
- Who could have known that you’d eventually find someone you love more than me, but I guess it’s late to say anything, it’s official now.
- Our pieces of advice for a married couple: love and honor each and… don’t forget to scrub the toilet in time.
Happy Married Life Wishes for a Friend
Your friend has made a choice, and this is a truly happy event! On this day, a bride and a groom need maximum support, and as a friend, you need to provide it. In this case, help is not just about some organizational issues but also about a kind of approval from a person who means the world to the newlywed. The warm words and heartfelt wishes from a bridesmaid or best man is a must attribute for every wedding, so don’t break it and wish a happy married life to your closest one!
- You make a perfect couple. I really can’t think of anybody else who would deserve to be together more than you. Wish you true love, happiness, and a lifetime of joy. My dearest friends take my warmest congratulations! Have a happy wedding day!
- Life is worth living only if you have someone special to share this life with. Even though finding true love isn’t easy, you did it! It’s so great to see you both in bliss right now. I wish you all the happiness in life.
- Can you imagine how eagerly we have been waiting for this special day to come? All of your friends, family and well-wishers are here to celebrate your wedding and share the joy with you! May this day as well as the rest of your life will be nothing less than a grand happiness. Also, we will do our best to make this day unforgettable for you! Starting today, may all of memories be nice ones. Congrats!
- Marriage is no less than a holy union of two people who decided to dedicate their lives and love to each other. The happiness of any family depends on being able to listen to each other and, more importantly, to hear. So all I want to wish you here and now is to find out the happy medium between listening and hearing. Be ready to give and take! Congratulations!
- We are so happy to see the fusion of two beautiful souls, the merger of two loving hearts, the blending of dreams and aspirations. May you be happy together forever!
- Support, kindness, love, care, understanding and patience are the main bricks that help in building of a happy and healthy family. That’s why I am wishing you all of the above on the day of your wedding. May your newly-created family prosper! I am sure your family will be a role model! Congratulations on your wedding!
- Your life stories have finally met and turned into one. From now on you will be writing the new chapters together and I can’t wait to read them all. Happy wedding day to you both!
- Marriage is an inspiring bond of two soul mates. Marriage is an exciting adventure that lasts until the end. Wishing you all the best for this day and for your life!
- What a wonderful and mysterious new adventure has just begun for the two of you. May you enjoy every single moment of it!
- May the love that each of you experience towards the other one shines brightly like a lighthouse at night, showing the right way. Heart filled wishes on your marriage!
Short Wedding Card Sayings and Sentiments
People say that brevity is the soul of wit. In some cases, you just don’t need to try to impress someone with sophisticated phrases, pretentious words, or long poems. Sometimes short sentiments are exactly what you need, especially if you’re going to the wedding of your coworkers, distant relatives or acquaintances. Still, the warm saying is what people expect from you, and we have some great wishes that are warm enough to make the newlyweds smile.
- May the day of your wedding be the beautiful beginning of your long and happy life together.
- This big day calls for lots of congratulations and champagne!
- May the years of your life as a couple be filled with lasting joy.
- On this super exciting day, we wish you both lots of love and joy!
- I have this strong feeling that cute babies are on their way. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Wishing you love and happiness that will shine not only today, but also through all the years of your married life.
- Our most sincere prayers and blessings on your marriage.
- Wishing you a lifetime of joy, love and happiness!
- So happy for you!
- Wish you to live happily-ever-after as in fairy tales. You deserve it.
Formal Wedding Well Wishes for Newlyweds
There’s nothing bad about formality, of course, when it’s appropriate. Most of the people prefer to write more personal wishes on the wedding cards considering that they will demonstrate that the big day for the young couple is a significant event for them. Well, that’s a good strategy, of course, if you know the couple well. In other cases, you need good, formal yet warm sayings that won’t break the boundaries. The good news is that we’ve selected the messages that fully meet such a requirement.
- Our heartfelt congratulations go to the most beautiful couple. As you both start building your new life together, we are all wishing you a wonderful journey full of exciting adventures.
- May your marriage bring you lots of love and happiness.
- May the love and happiness that you feel now never leave you and keep enlightening your life path through the years.
- Being able to lean on one another in times of trouble and always having someone to turn to throughout all of life’s storms is the greatest of life’s blessings. May your life be filled with love and understanding!
- Be grateful for what you have, be happy with one another, and love each other more than anything! These are the three pillars of a long happy married life.
- We’re wishing you most of all love, happiness and success in your marriage!
- May all the years ahead you be filled with everlasting joy and love.
- Wishing you a lifetime of days that will be just as happy and memorable as this one. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Please accept our warmest congratulations on your marriage! May happiness and love follow no matter which path you will go.
- Congratulations to [insert a couple name here]! I am really honored to be a part of your big day!
- Husband/wife isn’t just a new title that you have got today, it also means new responsibilities for both of you. Love and respect each other as spouses. Wishing you all the best!
Religious Wedding Wishes for Marriage Blessing
Writing a religious wedding wish may be a perfect decision or a complete disaster. After all, it’s all ethics and mutual respect. If a bride and groom are religious, they’ll be happy to receive a nice message from people that share their views and beliefs. However, if they don’t believe in God, they’ll at least feel uncomfortable when getting such a wish. Still, if you’re looking for a great message with heartfelt blessings, good wishes, and telling metaphors, we have some for you!
- May Lord grant you with all of the blessing of life and joys of love.
- With your marriage you honor God and bring lots of joy to the family and friends who are celebrating this big day with you!
- This day marks the beginning of your life’s journey as a married couple. Love each other and trust in God’s guidance. Congratulations!
- Love is the glue that holds you and your marriage together. With God’s love this glue will become even stronger.
- God is the One who brought you together. May He bless your marriage and enrich your lives with love making it deeper and stronger throughout the years.
- When two people are brought together in marriage by God, the world gets enriched by love and it becomes a better place for everyone to live in!
- Happy Wedding Day! May God bless you, keeping you safe and guiding you the rest of your lives.
- May the sun shine upon your path. May the Almighty smile upon you always.
- ‘Love is patient. Love is kind…Love never fails.’ 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear. I John 4:18