Where To Find Private Folder On Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Now if you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus and you need to access private folders in its storage, here is a simple tutorial that will work for you. Now you can also use third-party apps from the Play Store to hide your files, but that is a much lengthier process than this one. There is an inbuilt function in your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus just for this purpose.
It’s important to note the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus has Private Mode called Secure Folder, so we’ll use this words interchangeably.
If you use this private folder for all your personal files that you don’t want anybody else to see, only someone with your unlock pattern or passcode will be able to view this folder, not every Peeping Tom out there with a USB cable. It is great for storing pictures and other media as well.
Follow these steps to access the private folder in your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus:
How to Enable the Private mode on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- First things first. You need to enable the Private Mode on your phone
- Using two-finger at once, swipe from the top portion of the phone downwards. A list of options will appear and select a private mode from them.
- Once you enter the private mode, a swift tutorial will be given by the phone on how to use it. You will need to enter a new pin code, and from here onwards, the same pin code will be used before entering the private mode.
How to disable the private mode
- If you are stuck in private mode and don’t know what to do, you can always exit the private mode. Using two fingers at the same time, swipe on the screen from top to downwards. A list of options will appear.
- From the list of these options, you will need to select the private mode, and your phone will go back to normal mode.
How to add, remove and manage files in the private mode on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
The private mode can hold different kinds of files that you aren’t comfortable sharing with everyone. Mostly for people, it is media like pictures and videos. Here are the steps you need to follow the add, delete and manage files on the private folder:
- Turn Private mode on just like above
- Go to gallery and select the photo that you need only to appear in private mode
- Select the file and hold the tap till a new menu appears in which you can see an option of Move to private. Select that option, and your media will now be part of the private folder.
- You can move all kinds of files to the private folder including whole folders full of media and alike. It is a really simple, yet effective way of keeping your media secure.