How To Activate Unknown Sources On Samsung Galaxy S9
Your Samsung Galaxy S9 will ask you to activate the so-called “Unknown sources” option of your Android device if you want to install apps from unknown sources or a third party app store like the Amazon App Store. You can’t skip this step since this is the only way you can install apps that haven’t come from the Google Play Store on your phone.
However, you may want to know how to activate unknown sources on Galaxy S9 if you own the new Samsung Galaxy smartphone. In this article, we’ll explain how to enable this feature.
Steps to Activate Unknown Sources on Galaxy S9
- Go to the Home screen
- Swipe the Notification screen from the top of the screen
- Click the gear icon to enter the Settings menu
- Tap on “Device Security”
- You’ll see a section for “Unknown Sources” once you scroll down
- Tap on its slider to switch it from OFF to ON
- You can now leave the menus and continue with the installation of your apps
Now your Samsung Galaxy S9 will accept third-party apps from unknown sources. However, we’d recommend switching it off after using it to keep your device safe from malicious apps. So, proceed with caution whenever you are enabling this feature.