Android 6.0 Marshmallow: How To Change Lock Screen On Galaxy S6
If you want to change the Galaxy S6 lockscreen on Android 6.0 Marshmallow to customize it to your liking, there are several different ways that you can do this. Since the Galaxy S6 lock screen is the first thing you see on the smartphone, it’s a good idea to add different widgets and icons to the lockscreen to make the Galaxy S6 more usable. You can also change the lock screen wallpaper of the Galaxy S6 as well.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Samsung Gear VR (Virtual Reality) for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
- How to reset password when locked out on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- How to change lock screen on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
If you go to the settings section, and browse for the “Lock screen” you’ll see a list of different features you can add to the lock screen of the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge running Android Marshmallow 6.0.
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Dual Clock – shows both home and current time zones if you’re traveling
- Clock Size – makes it easier to see by making it bigger or smaller
- Show the Date – self explanatory, if you want the date shown, keep this checked
- Camera Shortcut – allows you to instantly unlock to the camera
- Owner Information – lets users add Twitter handles or other information to the lockscreen
- Unlock Effect – this changes the entire look and feel of the unlock effect and animation. We prefer watercolor.
- Additional Info – allows you to add or remove weather and pedometer info from lockscreen.
How to change Android 6.0 Lock screen Wallpaper
Like the Galaxy S5, the process is similar to change the Galaxy S6 wallpaper. All you need to do is press and hold an empty space on the Home screen. This will bring up the edit mode where you can add widgets, change homescreen settings, and also change the wallpaper. Select on “Wallpaper”, then select “Lock screen.”
By default the Samsung Galaxy S6 has several different wallpaper options for the lockscreen, but you can always select “more images” and select from any image that you have taken on your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Once you’ve found the image you want, hit the Set Wallpaper button.