Apple iPhone X: How To Remove Duplicate Contacts
Some owners of the new Apple iPhone X are experiencing duplicate contacts on their device because they imported SIM contacts on their smartphone. I’m sure you will be glad to know that you can easily correct this error on your Apple iPhone X. It will only take some minutes to completely remove duplicate contacts on your Apple iPhone X.
The advantage of using this method is that you do not need to spend money on apps that claim they can help you clean up your messed up contact list. The instructions below will guide you to know how you can easily delete duplicate contacts on your Apple iPhone X.
The reason why you are experiencing this issue on your Apple iPhone X is because you’ve connected more than one email account on your smartphone. This will make all the contacts to be saved on your which will create duplicate contacts. Instead of manually removing each contact, you can set one contact in your work email address book and the other in your personal email address book.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts on iPhone X
You do not necessarily need a computer to clean up your contact list. If your list is completely disorganized, you can simply clean it up by in your Gmail account. Follow the tips below to understand how you can remove duplicate contacts on your Apple iPhone X.
- Create a copy of your contacts
- Click on Contacts
- Locate the Card Menu and click on Card and then click on Look for Duplicates.
- You will see a prompt to Merge, click on it
- Repeat step 2 and 3 until all duplicates have been merged
- Create a new copy of your iCloud Contacts
Cleaning Up iPhone X Contacts Fast
There is also a built-in clean up contacts tool that you can use to remove duplicates on your device. This is how you can spot and merge duplicates on your Apple iPhone X using the cleanup tool:
- Switch on your Apple smartphone
- Locate the Contacts
- Search your contacts to spot the ones you want to link
- Select the first contact you wish to link
- Select Edit
- Click on ‘Link Contacts’
- Choose the contacts you wish to link and click on link
- To finish the process, click on Done