The Best Media Players for the Amazon Firestick TV
If you want to fully enjoy your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you need to install the best media player that you can possibly find. Media players are just software that you can use to play different formats on your Fire Stick device.
In all likelihood, you are probably already using similar or even the same software on your computer for playing videos or music. This article will highlight the best multimedia players available for your Fire TV Stick device.
Amazon Firestick Media Players
The following section will explain what media players you can use and how you can install them on your Fire Stick.
VLC is an all-in-one multimedia player that has some excellent features you will definitely enjoy. You might already be familiar with this software as it is also available for PCs. With VLC, you can easily play many different formats without any limitations – anything from audio and video files to online audio and video streams.
With VLC, you can even play incomplete or damaged files other players wouldn’t be able to reproduce.
Since VLC is open source software, you can download and install it for free. This media player not only supports playing all the files on your Fire TV Stick but also files from discs, streams, other devices, etc.
What’s also very interesting about this multimedia player is the fact that it comes with many different features such as filters, equalizers, complete databases, and much more. On top of that, you can upload and display subtitles for the video that you want to play.
Full List of VLC Features
We have mentioned that VLC is full of surprises, but let’s see exactly what you should expect:
- VLC supports MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, OGG, TS, M2TS, AAC, FLAC, Wv formats and more.
- VLC supports many different video and audio compression methods.
- VLC has separate media libraries – you can browse through folders and check for audio and video files.
- VLC features multi-track audio and subtitles – brightness, aspect-ratio adjustment, seeking, volume control, and auto-rotation are all included features.
- You don’t need to download codec packs.
- VLC is completely free.
How to Install VLC on Firestick
The following steps will show you how to install VLC on your Fire Stick device:
- Turn on your Fire Stick.
- Navigate to the Search tab in the main menu.
- Type VLC in the search bar and click on the search icon.
- Locate VLC and select it – you will then be taken to the VLC app’s official page.
- Select the GET button to start downloading VLC on your Fire Stick.
- The installation will begin immediately after the download is complete, so all you have to do is wait for it to be finished. After VLC has finished installing, click on the Open button.
MX Player is another powerful multimedia player you can use to play audio and video files on your Fire Stick device. This software supports almost all file types and formats, including MP3, AAC, AC-3, and much more.
What’s special about the MX Player is the fact that it supports multi-core decoding. On top of that, this software has the hardware acceleration feature that you can use on the videos you play. This essentially means that parts of the reproduction process are delegated to other hardware components that aren’t normally in charge of those tasks so that your videos can play as smoothly as possible.
It is quite easy getting around MX Player as it also has quite a user-friendly interface.
Full List of MX Player Features
Here’s what you can expect from MX Player:
- MX Player allows hardware acceleration through HW+ decoding.
- MX Player supports subtitles.
- MX Player allows you to choose the decoding mode (HW, HW+, and SW).
- MX Player supports the following formats: AAC, MP3, FLV, F4V, 3GP, AVI, AC-3, etc.
- Extremely easy-to-navigate user interface.
How to Install MX Player
This section of the article will show you how to download and install MX Player on your Fire Stick device. Before we begin, you need to make sure that you have enabled your Fire Stick to download apps from unknown sources. This has to be done as MX Player isn’t located on official stores.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Select Settings from your Fire TV Stick’s Home menu.
- Select My Fire TV and choose Developer Options.
- Toggle Apps from Unknown Sources to on.
- Ignore the popup message and select Turn On.
Now that that’s out of the way, it’s time to start downloading MX Player. First, you will need to download the Downloader app.
- Go to the Fire Stick menu.
- Type Downloader in its search bar.
- Click on the search icon and select the Downloader app.
- Click on the GET button and wait for the software to be installed.
After that, open your Downloader app and type the following URL in its URL field: https://bit.ly/2QJuoRG.
This URL contains the MX Player installer. Simply select GO and wait for the files to be downloaded. Finally, select the Next button, wait for it to change into Install, and then click the button again. Wait for MX Player to be installed, and you are good to go.
Over to You
These are our top two picks for the best Fire TV Stick multimedia players. Is there some other media player you would like to recommend to other users? Share your favorites in the comments below.