Sometimes it seems like you’re only adding more and more subscriptions, only to end up canceling most of them. Why? Well, whenever a brand new streaming service comes out, it’s loaded with original and tempting content, and understandably, you can’t resist.
What usually happens is that you settle for the one you like the most because you don’t have the time for everything. Maybe you purchased CBS ALL Access for the Start Trek but realized you’re not into it anymore. And now, you’re ready to cancel it. Let’s see how to do it through Amazon Prime.
Canceling Your CBS All Access Subscription
All premium channel subscriptions are available in the form of add-ons on Amazon Prime. It’s very convenient to be able to manage them through one unified dashboard.
And it’s also good to know that you can cancel your subscription at any time. If you want to do it via Amazon Prime, this is what you need to do. Go to Amazon and:
- Go to Accounts & Lists menu in the top right corner.
- From the list, select “Memberships & Subscriptions.”
- Next, choose “Channel Subscriptions.”
- Look under “Prime Video Channels” and find CBS All Access.
- Then, under “Actions,” select the “Cancel Channel” option.
- Confirm your selection.
When you cancel your CBS All Access subscription, you will notice that under “Renewal Date,” there will be a new date listed. And it will be the date your subscription ends. It doesn’t mean that you’ll immediately lose access to CBS All Access. You can watch the content without any issues until the date noted.
You should also note that this cancelation doesn’t mean you’re entitled to any refunds for any previous charges made that month. If you change your mind before your CBS ALL Access subscription expires, you can go back to the “Actions” section of your account and click “Restart Channel.”
However, if the time does expire, and you still want to get CBS All Access back, you will have to start a new subscription. Note that if you cancel CBS All Access, you won’t automatically cancel your Amazon Prime membership. So, no worries about that.
Another Way to Cancel CBS All Access
Canceling CBS All Access through Amazon Prime is simple enough, no doubt. But, if you want to, you can do it directly through CBS.
Maybe you’re not very happy with the new drama show. Or perhaps you’ve found another way to watch NFL games. In any case, if you want to cancel your subscription via CBS, first go to the CBS All Access page. Then proceed to:
- Sign in to your account using your credentials.
- Once you sign in, you’ll be redirected to the “My Account” page. However, if it doesn’t happen, click on the link on the top of your screen.
- Scroll down until you find the “Cancel My Subscription” button and click on it.
- CBS will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel the subscription. You will probably be offered a bonus or a free month of subscription. If you’re sure you want to cancel, click on “continue with my cancellation.”
- Now, you’ll be redirected to the page where you’ll be asked to confirm your cancellation and that you understand the cancellation terms. There, click on “Yes, cancel my subscription.”
- CBS All Access will ask you for the reason why you’re leaving. It is so that they can better their services in the future. Select one answer and confirm your cancellation.
Amazon Auto-Renewal Option
The Auto-Renewal feature is an interesting option for managing your subscriptions on Amazon Prime. It allows you to automatically renew them and never miss out on your favorite content. That also means that you get to avoid the pesky reminders and promotional ads from the streaming companies.
As neat as it is, the auto-renew option can be a burden. That’s especially true if you are forgetful and have too many subscriptions. However, it’s good to know that it exists. You can always cancel the auto-renew feature if it turns out to be more harmful than beneficial.
When you’re first trying out a channel, it’s probably best you don’t rush with the auto-renewal. That’s unless it carries your favorite TV shows that has three more seasons ordered. Then it’s perfectly safe.
It’s Easy to Say Bye
It’s easy to go through the steps and cancel your subscription if it turned out CBS ALL Access wasn’t worth the money. Also, if you don’t have the time to watch all that it brings, it’s ok to say bye. You can always return, anyways. There is a bunch of other streaming services and channels out there, and one will surely be worthy of your money and time.
Let us know what you think about canceling CBS All Access subscription via Amazon Prime. Also, feel free to tell us why you want to cancel in the comments section below.