Can’t Receive Texts On Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge (Solution)
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge, you could be dealing with a problem that you can’t receive texts on the Galaxy S7. Other issues also include not being able to receive text messages or SMS from iPhone users. You can solve these problems two differnet on the Galaxy S7 not getting texts and we’ll explain below.
One way to fix the problem is when the Galaxy S7 cannot receive text messages or SMS on your Galaxy S7 from someone that sends a text from an iPhone. Another problem is that the Galaxy S7 can’t send text messages or SMS to someone who uses a non-Apple phone such as Windows, Android, Blackberry as the messages are sent as iMessage.
- How to debug Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge won’t activate
- How to fix Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge not getting texts
- Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge SIM size info
These two problems are commonly faced on the Galaxy S7 if you had used iMessage on your iPhone and then you have transferred your sim card to a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge. The good news is that we’ll explain below how to fix the Samsung Galaxy S7 not getting texts.
How To Fix Galaxy S7 Can’t Receive Texts:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Put the sim card back into your iPhone that you had transferred in your Galaxy.
- Make sure that the phone is connected to a data network such as LTE or 3G.
- Navigate to Settings > Message and then turn off iMessage.
If you don’t have the original iPhone with you or cannot turn off the iMeassge. The next best option would be to go to Deregister iMessage page and turn off iMessage. Once you get to the deregister iMessage page, go to the bottom of the page and select the option “no longer have your iPhone?”
Below this option, there is a field to enter your phone number, select your region and type phone number. Then click on Send code. Write the code in the field “enter confirmation code” and then click on submit.