Can’t Receive Texts On Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus (Solution)
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus are one of the smartphones adored by many because of its high-end specs and features that everyone will love. Even though this smartphone is assumed to be perfect, there will come a time that problems may occur.
One common issues is the phone’s inability to receive any text messages and SMS coming from iPhones. This issues can be resolved through the help of this article so that you won’t be worrying anymore if you are waiting for someone’s important message and you will no longer
One of the reasons why your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus cannot receive any text message coming from iPhone device or even from a non-Apple device like Android, Windows, Blackberry is because of the text format used is in iMessage form.
This usually occurs if you have been using your sim card on any iPhone devices by using its iMessage service and eventually used that same sim card on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
How To Fix Can’t Receive Texts Problems On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
Below are the steps that will guide you on fixing your Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus can’t receive a message
- Pull out the SIM card on your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus and put it back to the previous iPhone unit you have used
- Connect the device to an available Internet network like 3G / LTE
- On the iPhone, Go to Settings > Messages then switch off the iMessage service
If for instance, you don’t have your iPhone with you anymore, Go to the page of Deregister iMessage and switch it off. Below are the steps you need to follow:
- On the Internet browser, navigate to the deregister iMessage page
- On that page, look for the option “No longer have your iPhone” located at the bottom part
- Choose your region under that option and then enter the phone number in the provided field
- Click the option send code
- Type the code you have received on the phone number you entered in the field name “Enter Confirmation Code”
- Click the Submit code
After you have finished following the steps given above, you are now assured that your SIM card is now unregistered from the Apple’s service.
In this case, you have now resolved your problem of not getting and sending text messages using your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.