Change Country In Google Play Store Account For Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Have you been trying to download a particular app from the Google Play, for your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, without success? If the app you wish to download isn’t available in your country and you really cannot find a better alternative to replace it, there is one trick you could try – changing your country in the Google Play Store account…
Of course, for this to be possible, you would have to have a valid payment method inside that new country, with a valid billing address associated with it. You cannot skip this part for a simple reason – Google actually relies on this billing address information to identify your home country and give you access to its app store.
All these general details left aside, below you will find two different methods for making this country change. The first one is the most accessible, but who’s to stop you from trying both of them? Whatever works best for you…
- Log in to your Google Wallet account so you can manage all the payment methods listed in there;
- Make sure you delete everything listed in there, in case you have set a payment method before;
- Add a card with a billing address from your desired country;
- Go back to the Play Store;
- Navigate to an item available for download in the country previously selected by you;
- Hit the Download button;
- Follow the prompts to the option labeled as Accept and Buy, but stop right there;
- Close the Play Store and either clear the cache of your internet browser or clear the app cache (by navigating to the Google Play Store under Settings, Apps and selecting the option labeled as Clear Data);
- Launch the Play Store again and, this time, it should be set to match your new payment billing country, the default one that you recently added.
Method #2 (if #1 didn’t work):
- Log in to the Google Wallet account again;
- Go to Settings;
- Select to change the Home Address;
- Go to the Address Book tab and remove the previously added address;
- Accept the new terms and conditions in the next window, the ones required for setting a new country;
- Go back to your Play Store;
- Access the Settings and navigate to Apps, Google Play Store;
- Select Clear Data;
- Select Clear Cache;
- The Play Store should now match your device’s new billing country set as the only default payment option.
As you can see, the process is relatively simple. You will have to remove any billing address if you have such data on your Google Wallet account. Then, you will need to introduce a new address. And, the most important part, before you can access the Play Store and make the app see your new billing address, you should take the time to clear the data and the cache of Google Play Store.
That way, your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus Google Play Store app will see you as being in a different country and allow you to download that app.